Thursday, November 17, 2005


OK, don't want to be melodramatic but as I have no one else to talk to I'll talk to the world. I am unwell, and it's getting worse. So much so that no painkiller is able to kill the pain in my head. I have been diagnosed with labyrinthitis *shrugs* but until the ENT gets their hands on me we won't know for sure. And that could be months as I simply cannot afford private medical care to get a consultant any quicker than NHS time.

The sad thing is it is my children who are suffering since I cannot get out of the house all that often. Walking is hard and triggers off a lot of pain and I don't have access to a car too often. And when I do car journeys make me ill. So my kids have seen none of their friends properly for a long time.

As my husband is disabled this effectively means my children now have two disabled parents, no extended family to call on and no outside contact beyond the extremely minimal. I find this distressing for them. I know what it's like to have no friends and it breaks my heart to have to give them the same childhood I had.

Right now life is bad. If you have any playmates you don't want them lend me them for an hour or two.

Does anybody know if I can get help with social services? Would I have to go through my GP for that?


At 1:47 pm, Blogger merry said...

I don't know what i can do to help; i suspect me landing on you with 4 kids in toe might just make you feel worse, but say the word and land is what i'll do.

At 9:32 pm, Blogger milkmumma said...

ditto. but tell me who you want and i send 'big helpful boy' to play. they are fab on their own. you *know* you are always welcome here, but i get the point it is hard to get out. anyway, total dream for me to send someone round - you can have a diff one every three days if you like. and when m happy to stay i can pick him up. this should be happening regardless of illness, i just didn't want to put you out by dumping what i thought might be an unwelcome child...and m does *not* want to stay with this freaky auntie!
i'm rolling eyes at us for the out of place politeness we get stuck in. let's just be rude from now on...

At 9:43 pm, Blogger milkmumma said...

also, homestart would be possible through surestart

At 10:45 pm, Blogger 4 girls and 3 boys said...

You can ask S.S for an Assessment of Need for yourself. You don't have to go through you G.P to do this.


Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise