Thursday, February 24, 2005

So to begin...

Today was a nice day masha'allah. Really masha'allah with a hearty alhamdulillah from my heart. I felt contentment all round. As Boss was a bit poorly yesterday it was nice to see him back to normal. After a late start I decided to let him do some painting. So far our craft sessions have had a "purpose" - either we've done numbers or letters or something he has to get his head around, and mostly they've ended up in scream-fests (my screams). But today it was painting for the sake of it, luvvy. And I didn't care what he did. It was so relaxed and he thoroughly enjoyed it.

Had intended it to be a session where he made tracks with his cars through paints and use Lego to make imprints on paper, but as always the paper is always incidental to the activity of making a gungy mess. I gave him only white paint and told him we were making snow pictures and tyres marks with our cars - which produced an instant big grin - then he ignored the paper and simply painted his cars white - "Look Mummy - SNOW". No problem. I showed him how to stick cotton wool on the paper and imprint Lego - yes, well done Mummy.

Then I let him loose with glue and glitter and this dyed salt thing I made which has the pouring effect of glitter but is a fraction of the cost. He liked that. He poured and poured and poured. My floor was being lost under a mountain of salt and paint and glitter and looked like a Mardis Gras hangover.

We cleaned up and then he did play doh and ate lunch at the same time, which he thoroughly enjoyed. Then I prayed salah and he happily played in the sitting room by himself - quite a content bunny masha'allah.

It's funny how, if I am just prepared to sit and read as many books as he wants, tell as many stories as he wants and simply have no hormonal imbalances, just how sweetly and calmly the day proceeds. By bed time today I was positively glowing with serenity and Boss' behaviour (whilst always good masha'allah) is really calm.

So it *is* all my fault when it all goes wrong.... that's the moral to this day. Damn.

Anyway PICCIES:










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise