Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Might delete this blog

after all. It's not educational or HE related. It's just a moanfest on legs.

Hm... just saw a van speed by with "Ahmed Brothers" on the side and I read it as "Armed Robbers" instead. Am I tired or what. Nice of them to be so honest if they are indeed armed robbers, though. And given how stupid the police are I think it's only fair they are given a head start...

Anyway, what else. Bought some "Fuzzy Felt" crapola today and I am *not* an impressed bunny - I have made much better felt shapes of my own for Boss ages ago and I cannot believe I was suckered into this purchase so if anyone out there is thinking of felt then DON'T. Just make your own shapes and give them a piece of sandpaper to stick it on. Also bought a buggy board after all. I'm trying to get most things from town that way I don't have to be driven anywhere in our butt-clench car. Oh I need to do tesco.com now aswell. Grr.

Anyway, insha'allah I need to start teaching Boss some verses of the Qur'an. Might try that tomorrow insha'allah. I need to get these other influences into the background. Thomas the Tank Engine other leappad offerings are all well and good but not something which will ultimately benefit him nor something I want him memorizing at the expense of more worthy things. I am trying to get him to memorise short supplications, so far we have before and after eating covered masha'allah. Hey - any kid who can memorise Incy Wincy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and half the Gruffalo is more than capable of memorizing other stuff.

Remembering the hadith which states that "he who wishes for Allah's mercy should himself show mercy". Really trying to remember that with avengence today....

1 Comments:

At 9:33 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I have aversion to various other bits of plastic currently paraded as "toys" in our house. I am making a concerted effort not to cave into the materialistic mind-set that my hormones gravitate me towards - you know "Oh *this* will make my darling so happy..." and before you know it you've been conned into parting with money for old rope. My parents do spoil him, however, and I'm kinda wanting that to stop as well. It makes kids so greedy after a while. And in *MY* day (muffles laugh) all I had was a Fisher-Price house and a pack of chalks and crayons. Was I deprived?

Well, yes I probably was - must ring my mother to lay that guilt trip on her immediately...

Too early to moan today - except the weather sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise