Friday, November 04, 2005

(Re-)reading THIS book

And totally enjoying it. A good read for people who think the Sufis were just tales of the ancients and who think such people died out a long time ago.





You know, if you meet Muslims who were born and raised in some Muslim communities and hear their stories and experiences you realise how far off the mark we really are. You know that Abba song that goes "I believe in angels..."... hm.... we take Islam at the intellectual level whilst some Muslims take it at the experiential. Aren't you tired of reading about the meal and want to taste if yourself??


I am.

EDIT: I mean "I am tired of just reading about it rather than getting a chance to taste it" NOT "I am tasting it"...

3 Comments:

At 6:49 pm, Blogger shukr said...

well, make lots of dua for us here please if you are in that place. miracles do happen.
and for the ummah.

subhan'Allah, the wheel in motion!

(now i can't stop the song in my head)

 
At 12:45 am, Blogger gary j. introne said...

please read my stuff, as I'm reading yours. Shared inter-cultural domination? or something like that.

Gary Introne
http://garyjin.blogspot.com
email - njabate@aol.com

 
At 9:18 am, Blogger Unknown said...

No, I mean "I am tired of just reading about it" not "I am tasting the meal"... as IF.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise