Monday, October 31, 2005

We like

our LeapPad here. In fact we like it so much we imbibe every utterance with an awe usually reserved for sacred scripture. What the Pad says is Truth; unalterable Truth. You are wrong; Pad is Right. When we talk about Pad we do not call it 'Pad' or 'LeapPad', but we give it the respect it is due by uttering, without fail every single time, it's full glorious title: LeapPad plus Writing Learning System. Conversations run something like this:

Boss: Look, here are some new books for my LeapPad plus Writing Learning System.

Me: Oh yea. Go and turn your Pad off it'll save batteries.

Boss: *click* I've turned my LeapPad plus Writing Learning System off mother ('mother'??? Where the hell did he learn that??)

Me: Good. What do you want to do now.

Boss: *Thinks...* I tink (think).... I tink... I tink so I would like to do my LeapPad plus Writing Learning System again.



Right.


Plus, we have no TV but sheesh what have I started by letting him watch "Finding Nemo" and "Piglet's Big Movie" on DVD?? Bad mummy. Now we are immitating fish and Tiggers and we have currently a child half boinging and half flapping right round the living room. Kids just *soak* this stuff up. He has learned half of Nemo verbatim... worrying.... especially as his favourite line is currently "Dat's not funny! ... and I know 'funny' - I'm a clown fish!!"

Anyway, I have to go blitz my house for Eid. This makes me dizzier than usual. Du'a please.

4 Comments:

At 7:48 pm, Blogger shukr said...

don't make me laugh this much. i can't take it!
i had some phrase running though my head
the other day, and then realised it was boss!!!

i knew i was going wrong somewhere -you sneaks you with the dvds!!!

um , i have a no noise policy in my house, and since i haven't worked out how to enforce this with children, everything else is *banned*

 
At 12:59 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I think I am going to go down the "ban DVDs too" route... but we still have CD-ROMs and we need to cut down on those too.... like, this means I have to *interact* with my son...

 
At 4:20 am, Blogger koonj said...

you are hilarious. especially the stuff about your kids. i hope i have such a sense of humour about mine (when they come).

 
At 6:43 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks. I like you. Anybody who thinks I am hilarious instantly attains the rank of my best friend. Most people just think I'm nuts. Please post again and boost my ego soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise