Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Been thinking

... got into town today after months of being virtually incapacitated and alhamdulillah (big grin) it was OK. Feel like a normal person almost. I was dreading it but glad I went.

Been thinking today, after another "take stock" moment that M really knows more than I give him or myself credit for. I think I stress out far too much and am now going to unclench and let him just play without hinderance for a while. I mean "play" and not just shove cars around the carpet all day.

I mean, he can do anything I give him (mostly) even if his concentration span is low. He has figured out some numbers on the number chart - I heard him sing song "forty- two" and "eighty-seven".... when asked where he learned that (WHO HAS BEEN GETTING AT MY KID??!) he just said, "well it's an eight and a seven so thats eighty seven". He is getting the letter sounds and recognising more than I thought he knew. Even tried reading "SAT" today. Almost got it. Not four yet. Must unclench about learning. He's doing it without me.

Really loving this site Khadijah gave me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise