Monday, May 23, 2005

Who's this an impression of:

"Well, we're *all* ill, Debbie. We *all* hurt. I think you are just being a bit selfish actually".





Give in?














OK, well it's actually the impression of just about everybody in my frigging life right now. Yes, everybody hurts sometimes, thankyou REM duh, but not all groups of people are graciously mentioned in the Qur'an by Allah Most High singled out for special recognition: Mothers who bear their offspring - with one fainting spell after another! Don't remember Allah mentioning arthritis in all that. Or toothache. Or one sleepless night. Or an inability to bend ones knee a little bit. But He *did* take it upon Himself to mention the pain of motherhood and the rights of Mothers. You'd think someone might have stopped to think about that a little bit.

Somedays it's all I can do to stop myself supplicating "Ya Allah - give them this pain for a day and let them know what it's like".

I've totally packed in. I can't walk. Life sucks. I'm weepy with irritation and pain. I am totally effing miserable. I need to go into town to do a trillion important non-put-offable things and I'm sitting here wondering just *how* I am going to make it from HSBC to Boots without the use of a wheelchair. If I could get my lard ass into the Maclaren buggy I'd get Boss to push me me everywhere....

Got midwife appointment (HOME APPT.!!) on Friday to discuss the paperwork for a homebirth... like I need permission or something??

Hubby a bit "hmmmm" about the whole homebirth thing. I think I need to resassure him that he will play no role whatsoever and that should soothe him.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is - life sucks... hm, nearly wrote "suckles", which is both a Freudian slip of my maternal state of mind plus rather cute...

Life suckles. Yes I like that.

4 Comments:

At 9:27 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Ta chuck, but I need signitures on this one :S and a tonne of things out of Boots. I may just commandeer my dh tomorrow to drive me to the Bank's door then up to Hampton... :S

 
At 7:12 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

The last one wasn't like this. I'm really hormonal right now and am REALLY worried about PND like you wouldn't believe - I'm going loopy BEFORE the sprog is out - what will I be like afterwards????

Du'a please!!

 
At 8:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you get pnd before then?

Also, I think it's part hormonal and part sheer frustration and pain. I remember tripping over the kids left out train track at the end of this pregnancy and just bursting into tears.

 
At 9:25 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I think in hindsight I *did* get PND which seemed to alleviate around 9 months later-ish. But then the set of social circumstances wasn't fantastic back then and it definitely helped moving to this house where I had more space and a garden and a clued-up neighbour to ask about kiddie-things. I dunno if last time I was merely shell-shocked through lifestyle upheaval or actually chemically imbalanced.

I think tiredness didn't help either :S

But past two days I've been really loopy. So. I'm nervous about the actual arrival of cause of loopiness....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise