Thursday, September 01, 2005

Du'a please

I'm not feeling very well. Du'a needed. Jzk.

Well, hands up all who had kids wanting to be superglued to them ALL last night. One, two, three, oh you too? Four.

I don't mind thunderstorms - they don't bother me - but when you get your floorboards vibrating from the sonic boom and window panes rattling in their frames then you know it isn't just any kind of storm. No. It is a *special* storm. A storm that can terrify a three year old and loud enough to have your 9 week old doing jumping jacks in his sleep. A storm that has a "MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM" every 4 and 1/2 minutes (just enough time for you to slip into a semi-deep slumber before being jarred into some kid-induced mayhem). If sleep deprivation is a form of torture then the CIA should seriously consider employing my kid during a thunderstorm or firework display. It got to the point whereby I hissed: "Look, I can't make it go away by running in here every 3 seconds and it won't hurt you GO TO SLEEP". Did I mention I was a cow of a mother? Why, yes I am, thankyou for noticing.

Anyway, bonus is the garden doesn't need watering.

I am feeling a bit more content about not having a very big house and/or lots of money. "True contentment" as Muhammad (Saw) stated, "is not in abundance of goods but in a tranquil soul", and that is only possible when your relationship with Allah is healthy. I have noticed that I try to "fill myself" up with dunya/material things when my spiritual life is at its lowest point. And once distracted by the dunya I find it hard to reconnect with anything above myself. Terrible. So to rectify this terrible state I intent to offer more dhikr, learn some surahs which I have neglected to do, and to also just try to be a bit more grateful for the blessings I have rather than try to fill my stomach with things that don't count. Among the things I am grateful for are things like being a Muslim, having good health (so far - make du'a remember!), having healthy children etc etc masha'allah.



Talking of stomach filling... the di-et is kinda in a renegotiation phase.



















OK, I have had a blip.










Alright, truth be told I have had several blips.













In fact, were the blips audible it would sound like a geiger counter at Chernobyl, but insha'allah I *will* be aiming at starting it again sometime soon. Maybe tomorrow in fact. Or perhaps the day after that. Perchance Monday. It's always good to start things on a Monday. Anyway, the point of the matter is the di-et is not going to be the crash diet of 800 calories a day because it makes me want to fall over after a few days. So maybe I'll try to just exercise the butt off and eat just sensibly.














And until that glorious day comes - there's double chocolate chip choo choo muffins....

4 Comments:

At 8:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IBM Sponsored Report Says Linux 40% Less Expensive Than Windows, 54% Less Expensive Than Solaris
Don't delete it, flag it. Sick and tired of recovering SQL data everytime someone deletes something.
Hi, Just blog surfing and found you! If interested in better health, go see my Fruta Vida related site. You may find something of interest.

 
At 8:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check it out

With compliments

 
At 12:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the ****?

 
At 7:03 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Well I hope you all enjoyed those adbots. I so much enjoyed them that I nearly vomitted with excitement, but alas I have altered the anonymous feature so from now on you'll all have to sign in. Shame. I will miss the adverts for vitamins and linux software...

Yes still b-feeding. 500 cals on the baby?? Cool. I was working on the presumption that what calories he needed could be taken off my copious reserves...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise