Saturday, October 29, 2005

Du'a


Du'a for Waking up in the Morning
Alhamdulilahi alathi ahyaana baada ma am
ta na wa ilyheel nooshoor.
"All praise is for Allah who gave us life after having taken it from us and unto Him is the resurrection"

Du'a Before Going to Bed
Bismika allhumma amootoo wa ahyaa.
In your name O Allah, I live and die.

Upon Committing a Sin
Any servant who commits a sin and as a result, performs ablution, prays two rakat, and then seeks Allah's forgiveness, Allah would for give him/her.
Suggested Qur'anic passages dealing with forgiveness:
"There is no god but Thou. Glory to Thee, I was wrong!" 21:87
"La iilaha-illa anta, Subhanaka-Inni konto minaz-zalimeen."

"So say: Oh my Lord! Grant Thou forgiveness and mercy!
For Thou art the Best
Of those who show mercy!" 23:118
"Waqur-rabbi-gh-fir-Warham-wa anta Khayrur-rahimeen."

Du'a to say when in Debt
Allahumma Kfinee Bihalaalika an Haraamika, wa ahniee Bifadhlika a mman Siwaaka
O my Ilaah make me pleased with what You have made lawful and needless of what You have made unlawful, and make me pleased with your benevolence independent of all others.

Cheerfulness
When you see your sister/brother smiling.
Adhaakallaho sinnak
May Allah bring smiles to you.

Sneezing
What to say when you sneeze:
Al Hamdulillah
All Praise is Due to Allah

What to say when you hear someone sneeze:
Yarhamukallah
May Allah have mercy on you.

The one who sneezed replies:
Yahdikumullaah wa yushlihubaalakum
May Allah guide you and improve your condition.

Thanking Others
Jazaaka Allaahu Khayran
May Allah reward you well

When one is told "I Love You"
Ahabbakal-lathi Ahababtani Lah
May He, for Whose sake you love me, love you also.

When Going to the Mosque
Allahumma 'al fi qalbi noora wafi basari noora. Wafi sam'i noora. Wa'an yamini noora wa'an yasiri noora. Wafaoqi noora. Watahti noora wa amami noora. Wakhalfi noora. Waj'al-li noora.
Oh Allah! Grant me light in my heart, ligh in my sight,
light in my hearing, light to my right, light to my left,
right above me, light underneath me, light before me,
light behind me, and grant me light.

After a Pleasant Dream
Al Hamdulillahil-lathi Bini'matihi Tatimmos-salihat.
Grace be to Allah through Whose blessings good things are accomplished.

Prayer for Small Children
Oeethoka Bikalimaatil-laahit-taammah, Min kulli-shaytaanin-Wahaammah
Wamin Kulli-aynin Laammah.
I seek refuge for you in the perfect words of Allah, from every devil and every poisonous reptile, and from every bad eye.

When Finishing a Meal
Alhamdu-lillah-il Lathi Atamana Wasaqana Waja alana Muslimin.
Praise be to Allah Who has fed us and given us drink, and made us Muslims.

Dua to Say Before Salams of the Prayer
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)
said toMu’aadh ibn Jabal: “O Mu’aadh, by Allaah indeed
I love you, and I advise you, O Mu’aadh, do not forget at the end of every prayer to say: Allaahumma a’inni ‘ala dhikrika wa shukrika wa husni ‘ibaaditika
O Allaah, help me toremember You, give thanks to You and worship
You in the best way.
(Narrated byAhmad, Abu Dawood, al-Nasaa’i, and others; it is saheeh)

Du'a for Shirk
If a person feels self admiration after doing something good or fears that he may show off, he should ward that off and resist it by seeking refuge with Allaah from it, and saying
Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika an ushrika bika wa ana a’lam,
wa’staghfiruka lima laa a’lam.
O Allaah, I seek refuge with you from knowingly associating anything with You, and I seek Your forgiveness for that of which I am unaware” as was reported from the
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)

Daily Du'a
Astagh-firol-lahal-Lathi La ilaha illa howal-hayyal qayyoma w atoobo ilayh.
I seek forgiveness from Allah, there is no deity but Him, the living, the Eternal and I repent to Him. (3 times)

Du’aa’ may be Recited in the Final Tashahhud
It was also narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq a du’aa’ which he could recite during his Salaah, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari. Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq (may Allaah be pleased with him) said to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Teach me a du’aa’ that I can recite during my salaah.”
He said: “Say:
Allaahumma inni zalamtu nafsi zulman katheeran wa laa yaghfir ul-dhunoob illa anta, faghfir li maghfiratan min ‘indaka warhamni, innaka anta al-Ghafoor al-Raheem
O Allaah, indeed I have wronged myself greatly, and there is none who forgives sins besides You. So grant me forgiveness from You and have mercy on me, for you are the All-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

When seeking guidance in decision-making (Istikharah)
Allahomma Inni Astakheeroka Bi3ilmik. Wa'astaqdiroka Biqodratik. Wa'as'aloka min Fadlikal3azeem. Fa'innaka Taqdiru Wala Aqdir. Wata3lamo Wala-a3lam. Wa'anta-3allamul ghuyoob.
Allahomma In Kunta Ta'lamu Anna (Hathal-Amra) Khayul-lee Fi Deenee Wama'ashi Wa'ajila Amri Wa'ajilah, Faqdorho lee, Wayassirho lee, Thomma-barik lee fih.
Wa'in Konta Ta'lamo Anna (Hathal-Amra) sharrul-lee Fi Deenee. Wama'ashi. Wa'ajila Amri. Wa'ajilaho. Fasrifho 'annee. Wasrifnee 'anh. Waqdur leyal-khayr Haytho kan. Thomma ardini Bih.
O Allah! I seek Your guidance (in making a choice) by virtue of Your knowledge, and I seek ability by virtue of Your power, and I ask You of Your great bounty. You have power, I have none. And You know, I know not. You are the Knower of hidden things.
O Allah! If in Your knowledge, (this matter) is good for my religion, my livelihood and my affairs; immediate and in the distant, then ordain for me, make it easy for me and bless it for me. And if in Your knolwedge, (this matter) is bad for my religion, my livelihood and my affairs; immediate and in the distant, then turn it away from me, and turn me away from it. And ordain for me the good wherever it be and make me pleased with it.
Notes:
1. The above du'a is to be recited when there is uncertainty about the advisability of taking a decision, provided it is Islamically permissable.
2. After performing wudu' (ablution), one should offer two rakahs (sunnah required for this purpose).
3. Before receiting the dua' it should be made sure that the person is not already inclined to a given decision; otherwise it will mean the person is not serious about seeking guidance from Allah (SWT).
4. In making this dua' the actual matter or decision concerning which divine guidance is being sought should be mentioned instead of the words (Hathal Amra) in transliteration or the words "this matter" in the translation above.
5. After reciting the dua' (immediately or later on), one may feel more favorably disposed toward one choice or the other.

Getting Dressed
Alhamdu lillahil-ladhi kasaani hadha (aththauba) wa razaqaneehi min ghairi haulim-minni wa la quwwatin.
Praise is to Allah who has clothed me with this (garment) and provided it for me, though I was powerless myself and incapable.
[Bukhari, Muslim,Dawud, Ibn Majah, At-Tirmidhi]

Getting Undressed
Bismillahi
By the Name of Allah [At-Tirmidhi 2/505]

Before Eating
Bismillahi
By the Name of Allah. [Ibn Majah 1/557, see also An-Nawawi, KitabulAdhkar 4/342]
If you forgot to say the above before eating, then say the following as soon as you remember:
Bismillahi fee awwalihi wa aakhirihi.
By the Name of Allah, in the beginning and in the end.
[Dawud 3/347, At-Tirmidhi 4/228]

Allahuma rizq barakallah
O Allah make this rizq/provision full of barakah

Brief Alertness During Sleep
(i.e. stirring in the bed, turning over in the bed)
La ilaha illallahul Wahidul Qahharu, Rabbus samaawaati wal ardi wa ma bainahumal Azeezul Ghaffaru.
There is no deity but Allah, the One, the Victorious, Lord of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, the All-Mighty, the All-Forgiving.
[Al-Hakim, An-Nasa'i, see also Al-Albani]

Waking Up from a Bad Dream
A'udhu bikalimaatil lahit taammaati min ghadabihi wa 'iqaabihi, wa sharri ibaadihi, wa min hamazatish shayaateeni wa an yahdurun.
I seek refuge in the Perfect Word of Allah from His anger and His punishment, from the evil of His slaves and from the taunts of jinn and from their presence.
[Abu Dawud 4/12. See also Al-Albani]

Calamity
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un
We belong to Allah and to Him we shall return.
The Prophet as saying, "If any Muslim man or woman suffers a calamity and keeps it in his memory, even if it happened a long time ago, saying each time it is remembered,'We belong to Allah and to Him do we return,' Allah, who is Blessed and Exalted will give a fresh reward each time it is said, equivalent to the reward when it happened."
[Tirmidhi: Ahmad and Bayhaqi, in Shu'ab al-Iman, transmitted it.]

Meeting an Adversary or Powerful Ruler
Allahumma inna naj'aluka fee nuhoorihim wa na'udhu bika min shuroorihim.
Oh Allah, we ask you to restrain them by their necks and we seek refuge in you from their evil. [Dawud 2/89, Al-Hakim 2/142]
Allahumma Anta adudi, wa Anta naseeri, bika ajoolu, wa bika asoolu, wa bika oqaatilu.
Oh Allah, You are my strength and You are my victory. For Your sake I go forth and for Your sake I stand firm and for Your sake I fight. [Dawud 3/42, At-Tirmidhi 5/572]

Stricken by Setback
Qadarullahi wa ma shaa'a fa'ala.
What Allah decreed and what He wishes will be done. [Muslim 4/2052]

Last Words Before Dying
La ilaha illallahu.
There is no deity but Allah.
[Dawud 3/190]

When the Wind Blows
Allahumma inni as'aluka khairaha, wa a'udhu bika min sharriha.
Oh Allah, I ask you for the good of it and seek refuge in
You against its evil.
[Dawud 4/326, Ibn Majah 2/1228, See also Al-Albani]

When Hearing Thunder
Subhanalladhi yusabbihur ra'du bi hamdihi wal malaa'ikatu min kheefatihi.
Glory to Him whom tunder and angels magnify with their praise, who are before Him awestruck.
[Malik, Al-Muwatta' 2/992]

Before Marital Relations
Bismillah. Allahumma jannibnash shaitaana, wa jannibish shaitaana ma razaqtana.
By the Name of Allah. Oh Allah, cause the shaytaan to pass us by and cause the devil to pass by that which You provide for us [Bukhari 6/141,Muslim 2/1028]

When Looking in a Mirror
Allahomma-anta hassanta khaliqi fahassin khuliqi qaharrim wajhi 'alannar. AlHamdulillahi-llathi sawwa khalizi fa adalah wakarrama soorata-wajhi fa ahsanaha. Waja'alani minal-muslimeen.
O Allah! You made my phyical constitution good so make my disposition good too and keep my face safe from teh hellfire. Grace gbe to Allah Who fashioned and made me proportionate, and honored my face and made me of the Muslims.

Du'a for Illness
Allahumma, 'aafine fi badani.
Allahumma, 'aafine fi sam'ie.
Allahumma, 'aafine fi basari
Allahumma ashfeeni.
Oh Allah, cure me in my body.
Oh Allah, cure me in my hearing.
Oh Allah, cure me in my sight,
Oh Allah cure me", Aameen

Du'a for Pain
On the authority of Abi 'Abdullah Uthman bin Abi Al-As (raa) that he complained to the Holy Prophet (saws) of a pain in his body. The Messenger of Allah (saws) said to him: Put your hand on the aching part of your body, and say:
Bismillah (In the name of Allah) three times
and then repeat seven times:
I seek refuge with Allah and with His Power,
from the evil that afflicts me and that I apprehend.
Bismilla, A'oothoo be'izzatillahi wa qodratihi, min sharri ma ajido wa ohaathiro. (Muslim)

Du'a for the Sick
On the authority of Ibn 'Abbas (raa) that the Holy Prophet (saws) had said: He who visits a patient who is not on the point of death, and supplicates, at his place, seven times:
I beseech Allah the Glorious,
Lord of the Glorious Throne to cure your disease.
As alollaahal 'atheem, rabbal 'arshil 'atheem, an yashfeek.
Allah will relieve him of his sickness.
(Abu Dawud and Att-Tirmithi).

What the wife of ‘Imraan said when she gave birth to Maryam (interpretation of the meaning):
“Wa innee u’eedhuhaa bika wa dhurriyyatahaa min ash-Shaytaan ir-rajeem.
I seek refuge with You (Allaah) for her and for her offspring from Shaytaan, the outcast.”
Aal ‘Imraan 3:36

Daily Du'a
The Messenger of Allah said: "Whoever says:
L� 'il�ha 'ill� 'all�hu wahdahu l� shareeka lahu, lahulmulku wa lahul hamdu wa huwa `al� kulli shay'in qadeerun
(There is no 'il�h except Allah, no partner does He have; his is the Kingdom, and to Him is all Praise, and He is ever-able to do everything.)
100 times would get the reward of manumitting ten slaves, one hundred good deeds would be written for him, one hundred sins would be remitted from him, it would be a shield for him from the Shaytan that day till night, and nobody would arrive with better than what he arrived with except for one that had done more than him."
Bukhari and Muslim

Du'a at the Beginning of Salat
When the Messenger of Allah would start his Sal�t he would be silent for a moment before beginning to recite. So Abu Hurairah said: O' Messenger of Allah! With my father, and my mother [I would sacrifice them for you], you know your silence between the takbeer and the recitation, what are you saying [during it]? He said, I say:
'All�humma b�`id baynee wa bayna khat�y�ya kam� b�`adta bayna 'almashriqi wal-maghribi, 'all�humma naqqinee min khatay�y� kam� yunaqq� 'ath-thawbul 'abyadhu min 'addanasi, 'all�humma 'ighsilnee min khat�y�ya bith-thalji wal-m�'i wal-baradi
O' my 'il�h make distance between myself and my wrong-doings as You have made distance between the East and the West, O' my 'ilah purify me of my wrong-doings as a white garment is purified of dirt, O' my 'il�h wash me of my wrong-doings with snow, water, and hail.
Bukhari and Muslim

Daily Du'a
Allahomma Inni. Asbahto minka Fi-Ni matiw-wa afiyatiw Wasatr. Fa atimma alayya ni mataka Wa afiyataka Wasitraka Fid donya-Wal-akhirah.
O Allah! I rose up this morning with blessings, strenght, and concealment (of my deficencies), all from You. So complete all the blessings and strength from you and the concealment for me in this life and in the hereafter. (three times)
In the evening the word Asbahto is changed to Amsayto.

Daily Du'a
Allahomma ma asbaha bi min niamatin Ao bi ahadin min khalkhika faminka Wahdak. La Sharika Lak. Falalkal-hamdu-Walakash-Sukr
O Allah! Whatever blessings I or any of your creatures rose up with, is only from You, You have no partner, so all grace anf thanks are due to You. (3 times)
Abu Dawood, An Nasai, Ibn Hibban.
In the evening the word Asbaha is changed to Amsa.

While making Wudu (Ablution)
Allahomma-gh-firli thanbi, Wawassi li Fi-dari Wabarik-li Fi rizqi.
O Allah! Forgive my sins and expand (bless my home, and bless my livelihood.

After Completing Wudu
Ash-hado Alla Ilaha Illal-Lah. Wahdaho La Sharika Lah. Wa ashhado Anna Muhammadan Abduhu Warasuluh. Allahommaj alni Minat-Tawwabin. Waj alni Minal Muttatahhirin.
I bear witness that there is no deity but Allah, He is Alone. He has no partner. And I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger. O Allah! Make me of thoes who are repentant and of thoes who purify themselves.

Daily Du'a
Ya rabbi Lakal-hamdu Kama Yanbaghi Laijalali Wajhika Wa Azeemi Sultanik
O my Lord! All Grace is due to You which is befitting to Your glorious presence and your Great Sovereignty. (3 times) Ahmad, Ibn Majah.

Upon Going Out of the Home
The Messenger of Allah said: Whoever says
Bismill�h, tawakkaltu `al� 'all�h, l� hawla wa l� quwwata 'ill� bil-l�hi ta`�la
I put my trust in Allah, there is neither might nor strength, except by Allah, the Most High.
upon going out of his home: it is said to him:
You have been sufficed, protected, and guided, and the shaytanwould move aside from him, then say to another shaytan: What access do youhave to a man that has been
guided, sufficed, and protected?"
Abu dawood, An-Nis�'ee , and At-Tirmithi

What the Imam Says Before the Prayer
Sawwoo sufoofakum la takhtalifu quloobukum
Straighten your rows [so that] your hearts do not differ.
Abu Dawood

On Seeing the First Fruits
Abu Hurairah (raa) said: "When people would see the first of the fruits they used to bring them to the Messenger of Allah , then if the Messenger of Allah would take it he woulld say: Allahumma barik lana fee thamarina, wa barik lana fee madeenatina, wa barik lana fee sa`ina, wa barik lana fee muddina.
(O my ilah put blessings in our fruit for us, and put blessing in our town for us, and put blesing in our sa` [unit of measure for grain], and put blessing in our mudd [Measure of variuos standards: Bushel, or two pints].)
then he would give it to the youngest of little children
that would come by.
Muslim

Debt
Allahomma inni aootho bika minal-hammi walhazan. Wa a ootho bika minal ghammi wal kasal. Wa a ootho bika minal Jubni wal bukhl. Wa a ootho bika min ghalabatid
dayni Waqahrir riijal.
O Allah I seek refuge in You from worry and grief, from helpessness and laziness, from cowardice and stinginess, and from overpowering of debt and from oppression of men.
(3 times) Abu Dawood

Daily Du'a
Allahoma afini fi badani. Allahomma afini fi sam i. Allahomma afini fi basari.
O Allah! Grant health to my body, to my hearing and to my sight.
(3 times)Abu Dawood.

Daily Du'a
Allahomma inni a ootho bika minal Kufri Walfaqr. Allahomma inni ootho bika min athabil Qabr. La Illah Ill ant.
O Allah! I seek refuge in You from unbelief and poverty. O Allah! I seek refuge in You from punishment of the grave. There is no deity but You.
(3 times) Abu Dawood

Forgiveness
Allahomma anta rabbi La ilha illa ant. Khalakhtani Wa ana Abdoka W ana ala ahdika Wawa dika mas tatat. Aootho bika min sharri ma Sana t. Aboo o Laka bini matika Alayya Wa boo o bithanbi faghfirli fa innaho La Yaghfroth thonooba illa ant.
O Allah! You are my Lord, there is no deity but You. You created me and I amYour slave-servant. And I am trying my best to keep me oath (of faith) to You and to seek to live in hope of Your promise. I seek refuge in You from my greatest evil deeds. I acknowledge Your blessings upon me and I ackowedge
my sins. So forgive me for none but You can forgive sins.
(3 times) Al Bukhari.

Forgiveness
Astagh firlo lahal Lathi La ilaha ill howal hayyal qayyoma w atoobo ilayh.
I seek forgivness from Allah, there is no dity but Him, the living, the self Eternal and I repent to Him.
(3 times) Abu Dawood, At Tirmithi, Al Hakim.

This dua is recommended at the end of meetings. It atones for ones infraction during the meeting.
Subhanakal Lahomma Wabihamdik. Ash hado Alla Ilaha illa ant.
Astghfiroka Watoobo ilayk.
Glory be to You, O Allah and all Praise ! I testify there is no deity but You I seek Your forgiveness and to You do I repent.
(3 times) An Nasa i At Tabarani, Al hakima.

Confirmation of Faith
Qul Inni Omerto-an Abodallaha Mukhlisal-lahoddin. Wa omerto-il an Akoona-awwalal-muslimeen
Say: "Verily, I am commanded To serve Allah with sincere devotion;
And I am commanded To be the first of those who bow To Allah in Islam."
(Qur'an 39:11-12)

Thankfulness
On the authority of Abu Sayed Al-Khudree (raa) the Messenger of Allah (saws) said:
Subhanaka 'allahumma wa bihamdika 'ash hadu 'alla 'ilaha 'illa 'anta 'astaghfiruka wa 'atuubu 'ilayka. Wa-Salaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatu Llahi
Whoever doesn't thank the people has not thanked Allah.
(Ahmed, at-Tirmidhi, ad-Diya')

Seeking Refuge in Allah from Evil
Narrated Ibn Masud that the Messenger of Allah said:
'A’oudhu bi kalimaat- illaahi al-taammaat allati laa yujaawizuhunna birrun wa laa faajir min sharri maa khalaqa wa dhara’a wa bara’a, wa min sharri maa yanzilu min al-sama’, wa min sharri ma ya’riju fihaa, wa min sharri maa dhara’a fi’l-ard, wa min sharri ma yakhruju minhaa, wa min sharri fitan al-layli wa’l-nahaar, wa min sharri tawaariq al-layl illaa taariqanbi khayrin ya Rahmaan.
I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allaah, through which no man, righteous or evil,
can penetrate, from the evil of what He has created and made, and from the evil of that which comes down from heaven, and from the evil of that which ascends in it, and from the evil of what He has created in the earth, and from the evil of that which emerges from it,
and from the evil of the trials of night and day, and from the evil of those who come at night, except for those who come for a good reason, O Most Merciful.”
(Reported by at-Tirmidthi and Nasa'i)

Du'a from Qur'an
Rabbana Aamanna-bima anzalta-wattaba narrasoola-faktobna Ma ashshahideen.
"Our Lord! we believe In what Thou hast revealed and we follow the Apostle; Then write us down Among those who bear witness."
Surat al-Imran 53

Du'a from Qur'an
Rabbona Rabbos-samawati Wal'ardi-lan-nad owa min doonihi-ilaha. Laqad-qulna ithan shatata.
Our Lord is The Lord of the heavens and of the earth: never shall we call upon any god other than Him: if we did, we should indeed have uttered an enormity!
Surat al-Kahf 14

Du'a From Qur'an
Amanna Wash had Bi anna Muslimoon
"We have faith, and do thou bear witness that we bow to Allah as Muslims'."
Surat Al-Ma'idah 111

Du'a From Qu'ran
Qul Atohajjunana Fil-lahi Wahowa Rabbona warabbokum walana Amalona Walakum A malukum Wanahno Lahoo Mukhlisoon
Say: Will ye dispute with us He is our Lord and your Lord; that we are responsible for our doings and ye for yours; and that we are sincere (in our faith) in Him?
Surat al-Bakarah 139

Du'a From Qur'an
Qul Hathihi sabeeli-ad oo Olal-lahi ala Basirain Ana- Wamanit-taba ani Wasubhanal-lahi Wa Ana-minal-Mushrikeen.
Say thou: "This is my way:I do invite unto Allah-
On evidence clear as the seeing with one's eyes,-
I and whoever follows me. Glory to Allah! and never
Will I join gods with Allah!"
Surah Yusuf 108

Glorification of Allah
Subhana-Rabbis-Samawati-Wal ardi Rabbil-Arshi-Amma Yasifoon.
Glory to the Lord of the heavens and the earth, The Lord of the Throne (Of Authority)!
(He is Free from the things they attribute (to Him)!
Surat az-Zukhruf 82

Du'a from Qur'an
Subhanal-Lahi- Amma Yushrikoon
Glory to Allah! (High is He) Above the partners they attribute to Him.
Surat al-Hashr 23

Du'a from Qur'an
Tabarakasmo-rabbika thil Jalali Wal-ikram
Blessed be the name of thy Lord full of Majesty, Bounty and Honour.
Surat-ar-Rahman 78

Du'a from Qur'an
Tabarakal-lathi-Ja ala Fis sama i Buroojaw waja ala Fiha
Sirajaw-waqamaram-muneera
Blessed is He Who made constellations in the skies,
And placed therein a lamp and Moon giving light;
Surat-al-Furqan 61

Du'a from Qur'an
Ala Lahol-khalqo-Wal amr Tabarakal-laho Rabbol-alamin.
And to govern? Blessed be Allah, the Cherisher
And sustainer of the worlds!
Al A'raf 54

Seeking Beneficial Knowledge
Allahumma, innee as-aluka 'ilmaan naafiyaan wa rizKan tae'eban wa Amalan mutakabbalan.
The Prophet used to say after the Fajr prayer:
O Allaah! I ask you for the Knowledge which is beneficial and sustenance which is good and deeds which are acceptable (righteous).
[Sahih Ibn Majah 1/152]

Du'a From Qur'an
Fasabbih Bismi Rabbikal azeem.
So celebrate with praises the name of thy Lord The Supreme.
Al-Waqi'ah 96

Du'a From Qur'an
Fasabbih Bihamdi Rabbika Wakom-Minas sajideen.
But celebrate the praises of they Lord, and be of those who prostrate themselves in adoration.
Al Hijr 98

Du'a for Insomnia
Allahoma rabbas samawatis-sab'i wama azallat. Warabbal-ardina wama aqallat warabbash-shayatina wama adallat kun li faran min sharri khalqika ajma'een ay-yafrota Allayya ahadom-minhom. Aao ay-yatgha. Azza jarok. Watabarakas-mok.
Oh Allah! Lord of the seven Firmaments and whatever they cover, Lord of the seven earths and whatever they contatin, Creator of the devils and whoever they mislead. Be my protector from the evil of all Your creatures lest some of them may hasten with insolence against me or transgress the bounds. Honored is he who is in Your protection and blessed be is Your name.

What to Say to One Who is Leaving on a Journey
Astawdi' ollaha deenaka wa' amanataka wakhawateema 'amalik wa aqra'o 'alaykas-salam
Unto Allah do I commend your deen (Islam), your trust (family, property, etc...) , and the conclusions of your deeds, and I recite salam (peace) upon you.

When Bidding Farewell (by the traveler)
Astaodi' okallaha-allathi la tadee'o wada'i'oh
I commend you unto Allah Whose trusts are never lost.

When Breaking The Fast
Dhahaba dhamaa'a wabtallat al-urooq wa thabatal ajr insha Allah.
The thirst has gone and the veins have recovered and the blessing is established if Allah wills it so.

What to say at a Time of Disaster
Inna-lillahi wa inna ilayhi-raji'oon. Allahomma'indaka ahtasibu-museebati. Ra jorni fiha wa abdilini minha-khayra.
To Allah we belong, and to HIm is our return. Oh Allah! You suffice me in disaster. So reward me for it and replace it with something which is good.

Du’a said at the Start of a Gathering
In Al hamdulillah. Nahmaduh wa Nasta'eenuh wa Nastaghfiruh wa Natoobullaih. Wa na'udhu billahi min sharoor anfusina wa Sayyi'ati Amaalina. Man yahdi Allah fala muDili lan, wa man yudlil fala hadia lah. Wa ash-hadu an la ilah illallah
wahdahu la shareeka lah, wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan 'abduhu wa rasooluh.
All Praise is due to Allah. We worship Him, We seek His help and His forgiveness and we turn to Him in repentance. And we seek refuge in Allah from the evil within ourselves and our ill deeds. Whoever Allah guides cannot be lead astray and whomever He leads astray, for him there is no guide. There is no deity but Allah. He is alone, He has no partner and Muhammad (saws) is his servant and messenger.

Du’a said at the Conclusion of a Gathering
Subhannaka Allahuma wa Bihamdik Ash-hadu An La llahl lla Ant, Astaghfiruka wa Atoobu llaik
How perfect You are Oh Allah, and I praise You. I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You. I seek Your forgiveness and I turn to You in Repentance.

Upon Heading to the Mosque for the Morning (Fajr)Prayer
Allahumma jal fee qalbee nooran wa fee sam'ee nooran wa fee basaree nooran wa 'an yameenee noran wa 'an shimaalee nooran wa amaamee nooran wa khalfee nooran wa fauqee nooran wa tahtee nooran wa jal lee nooran.
O Allah make a light in my heart, and in my hearinga light; and in my vision a light; and on my right a light; and on my left a light; and in front of me a light; and behind me a light; and above me a light; and below me a light and make a light for me. (Muslim)

During Harship and Difficulties
Laa ilaaha illa-laahu-l-a Dheemu-l-haleem. Laa ilaaha illa-laahu rabbu arshi-l aDheem laa ilaaha illa laahu rabbu samawaati wa rabbu-l-ardi wa rabbu-l-arshi-l-kareem.
There is none worhty of worship except Allah, The Great, the Forbearing. There is none worthy of worship except Allah, the Lord of the Great Throne. There is none worhty of worship except Allah, Lord of the heavens and Lord of the earth and Lord of the Noble Throne." (Bukhari)

During Harship and Difficulties
Laa ilaaha illa anta subhaanaka innee kuntu mina Dhaalimeen.
"There is none worthy of worship but You. Perfect are You. I was one of the wrongdoers." (Tirmidhi)

During Hardship and Difficult Times
Yaa hayyu yaa qayyoomu birahmatika astageeth
"O Living One, O Sustainer, in Your Mercy do I seek relief."
(al-Tirmidhi)

When one feels the disturbances of Satan while in Prayer,
reading the Quran and so forth
Aoothu bi laahi mina shaitaanir rajeem.
I seek refuge in Allah from the accursed Satan.
Then he should blow out on his left side three times. (Muslim)

General Du'a
Allahumma, aj'al khaira 'amrina awakhiriha, wa khaira 'amaalina khawatimaha, wa khaira ayyamina yaum nalqaka.
O Allah, let our last days be the best days of our life and our last deeds be the best of our deeds, and let the best day be the day we meet You.

When it Rains
Allaahumma sayyiban naafian
"O Allah, (make it) a heavy beneficial rain." (al-Bukhari)

When Entering the Masjid
Bismillah. Allahomma salli 'ala Muhammad allahomaftah-li abwaba-rahmatik.
In the name of Allah. Oh Allah! Bless Muhammad Oh Allah! Open Your gates of mercy for me.

The Messenger of Allah (saws), when he broke his fast, used to say:
Dhahaba dhamaa'a wabtallat al-urooq wa thabatal ajr insha Allah.
The thirst has gone and the veins have recovered and the blessing is established if Allah wills it so. (Ahmad, Al-Baihaaqee)

When someone gives your 'Id greetings
Jubayr Bin Nufayr said: "When the companions of Allaah's Messenger met on
the day of 'Id, they would say to each other,
'Taqabbala 'llaahu minnaa wa mink
May Allaah accept from us and you.

Du'a After Salat
Say "Allahu Akbar" (Allah is Great) one time.
Say "Astaghfirllah" (I ask Allah to forgive me) three times.
Say "Allahumma antas salamu wa minkas salamu tabarkta ya zaljilali wal ikram."
(Oh Allah, you are the Peace, and you are the Source of Peace. You are blessed, O Possessor of Glory and Honor.)
Then say:
Subhannallah, Al Hamdulillah, and Allahu Akbar 33 times each and
"La illaha illa Allah. Wadaho la shareeka la. Lahol mulk. Wahowa hamd. Wahowa ala kulli shayin Qadir." one time.
(There is no deity but Allah. He is Alone. He has no partner. He is the sovereignty and grace. And He is Omnipotent.)

Du'a After Salat
Allahumma a'innee ala zikrika wa shukrika wa husni 'ibadatika.
Oh Allah, help me to remember You all the time, and to thank You, and to worship You perfectly. (Ahmad, Abu Dawud)
Then say:
Subhannallah, Al Hamdulillah, and Allahu Akbar 33 times each and
"La illaha illa Allah. Wadaho la shareeka la. Lahol mulk. Wahowa hamd. Wahowa ala kulli shayin Qadir." one time.
(There is no deity but Allah. He is Alone. He has no partner. He is the sovereignty and grace. And He is Omnipotent.)

Du'a for the Sick
Aisha narrated that the Prophet (صلي الله عليه و سلم) used the following du'a when family members were sick:
Allahumma Rabban-nas, adh-hibil-ba's, washfi, Antash-Shafee, la shifa'a, illa shifa'uk, shifa'an la yughadiru saqaman.
O Allah, Lord of mankind! Remove this disease and cure him. You are the Great Curer, there is no cure but through You that leaves behind no disease.
(Bukhari and Muslim)

General Du'a
O Allah, I ask you to raise my status, remove my burden, purify my heart, keep my chastity and forgive my sins. I ask You for the attainment of the higher degrees in Paradise. Ameen
Allahumma inni 'asaluka an tarf'a thikri, wa tad'a wizri, wa tutahir qalbi wa tuhsin farji wa tagfir li tumbi. Wa 'asaluka ad darajaat al'ula minal jenna, 'aameen.

Du'a for Salat
Hadith: Anas reported: "I was sitting with the Prophet (صلي الله عليه و سلم) in the mosque while a man was praying, and the man said,
Allahumma, inni 'as'aluka ya Allah bi inna lakal hamd La ilaha illa Anta [wahdaka laa sharieka lak] Al Mannaan, Ya Badi'us Samaawaati wal ard, Ya Dhal Jalaali wal Ikraam, Ya Hayyul Ya Qayyum Inni 'as'aluka [put your request such as "al jannah wa 'a'uthu bika minan naar]
'O Allah, I ask You because all praise belongs to You; there is no god but You, Most Generous [Al Mannaan], Originator of Heaven and earth [Badi'us Samaawaati wal ard], O Possessor of Majesty and Honor [Dhul Jalaali wal Ikraam], O Self-Sustaining [Ya Hayyul Ya Qayyum], I appeal to You.'
The Prophet,صلي الله عليه و سلم, said, 'He has supplicated Allah by His greatest name, which if He is called by it, He responds, and if He is petitioned by it, He gives.'"
[At Tirmithi, Abu Daud, An Nasaa'i and Ibn Maajah - sahih]

Du'a from Sunnah
Abu Hurayrah reported that the Prophet (صلي الله عليه و سلم) used to say:
'Allaahumma aslih li deeni alladhi huwa ‘ismat amri wa aslih li dunyaaya allati fihaa ma’aashi wa aslih li aakhirati allati fihaa ma’aadi w’aj’al al-hayaata ziyaadatan li fi kulli khayri w’aj’al al-mawta raahatan li min kulli sharr
"O Allaah, make me adhere properly to my religion, on which all my affairs depend; make this world good for me in which is my livelihood; make my Hereafter good for me, in which is my ultimate destiny; make my life increase in every good thing and make my death a respite from every evil", Aameen
Bukhairi and Muslim

After the Adhan is Completed
Allahumma rabba hathihid-da'watit tammah. Wassalatil-qa imah. Ati Muhammadan-il wasilata wal-fadilata. Wab'athho maqaman Mahmudan-il-lathi wa'adtah.
Oh Allah! Lord of this perfect call and the salah to be offered; grant Muhammad the privilege (of interceding) and also the eminence. And resurect him to the praised position
You have promised.

Du'a for when in Sujood
Allahumma inna nas'aluka ridaka waljannata, wa na'udhu bika min sakhatika wan-nar.
Oh Allah! We ask You to be pleased with us, reward us with the Paradise and we seek Your refuge from Your anger and the punishment of the Fire.

Du'a for when in Sujood
Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa 'fu 'anna.
Oh Allah! Forgive us because You loveforgiving and You are All Forgiving

Du'a for when in Sujood
Allahumma farrij hammal mahmumin, wa naffis kurabal makrubin, waqdid-daina 'anil madinin, washfi mardana wa mardal Muslimin.
Oh Allah! Relieve the distressed ones of their worries and the oppressed ones of their troubles. Settle the debts for the indebted persons and give cure to the sick, whether they be blood brothers or brothers in Islam.

Du'a for the Deceased
Allaahum-maghfir lahoo war hamhu wa aafihee wa fuanhu wa akrim nuzulahoo wa wassi madkhalah, waghsil-hu bil maa'i waththalji wal baradi wa naqqihee minal-khataayaa kamaa yunnaqath-thawbul-abyadu minad danas, wa abdilhu
daaran khayram min daarihee wa ahlan khayran min ahlihee wa zawjan khayram min zawjih, wa ad-khilhul jan nata wa a'ith min athaabil wa min athaabinnaar.
O Allah forgive him, have mecry on him, make him well, overlook his faults, make his place of rest a noble place and expand (the door of his entrance (into paradise) [Wink]
Sahih Muslim

Du'a for Distress
In al-Saheehayn it was reported from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Messenger of Allaah (saws) used to say, when he felt distressed:
“La ilaaha ill-Allaah al-‘Azeem ul-Haleem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabbil-‘arsh il-‘azeem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb is-samawaati wa Rabbil-ard wa Rabb il-‘arsh il-kareem
There is no god except Allaah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allaah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne; there is no god except Allaah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.”

Du'a for Distress
It was reported from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (صلي الله عليه و سلم) used to say, when something upset him:
“Yaa Hayyu yaa Qayyoom, bi Rahmatika astagheeth
O Ever-Living One, O Everlasting One, by Your mercy I seek help.”

Du'a for Distress
It was reported that Asmaa’ bint ‘Umays (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me: “Shall I not teach you some words to say when you feel distressed?
‘Allaah, Allaah, Rabbee laa ushriku bihi shay’an
Allaah, Allaah, my Lord, I do not associate anything with Him.’”

Du'a for Distress
It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (صلي الله عليه و سلم) said: “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says (below) but Allaah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him instead joy.”
‘Allaahumma innee ‘abduka wa ibn ‘abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi‘andak an taj’ala al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi
O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of
Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge
of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety
Al-Kalim al-Tayyib by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, edited by Shaykh al-Albaani, p. 72

During Harship and Difficulties
Laa ilaaha illa-laahu-l-a Dheemu-l-haleem. Laa ilaaha illa-laahu rabbu arshi-l aDheem laa ilaaha illa laahu rabbu samawaati wa rabbu-l-ardi wa rabbu-l-arshi-l-kareem.
There is none worhty of worship except Allah, The Great, the Forbearing. There is none worthy of worship except Allah, the Lord of the Great Throne. There is none worhty of worship except Allah, Lord of the heavens and Lord of the earth and
Lord of the Noble Throne."
(Bukhari)

Du'a for when Entering the Toilet
Bismillah, Allahumma inni authu bika minal khubthi wal khabaa'ith
Bismillah, Oh Allah, I seek protection in You from the male and female jinn

Du'a for when Leaving the Toilet
Ghufraanaka
I seek Your forgiveness.

the Prophet Muhammad (صلي الله عليه و سلم):
"Assuredly, women are the twin halves of men." (Sahih reported by Abu-Dawud (RA)
"To seek knowledge is obligatory on every Muslim."

2 Comments:

At 9:01 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Cut and paste :)

 
At 2:35 pm, Blogger Enjoy My Egypt Team said...

Mashallah sister a beautiful blog. May Allah protect you and guide you.
Jazaak'Allah Khair

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise