Saturday, January 07, 2006

Hajj and Eid

Tawaf video, Sa'i, Labbayk audio and Channel 4 short accounts on Hajj

Soundless videos

Hajj info

OK, so we did a Kaba today. He remembers about the black stone but virtually nothing else so we went on the internet to consolidate what he knew.

We made paper chains (of course) but DH threw the plastic egg boxes out so my other great idea about decoration making didn't pan out.


The Kaba



The Kaba Doors



Offering two nafl rakat... of course



"We're not worthy!" ... they fell into prostration at being overwhelmed by the whole experience




Paper chains



Boss very much intersted in Mandrills at the moment after his Dad told him of them and how of all the animals in Africa the Mandrill is the one people really fear. He's totally absorbed by the fact that his Dad can be scared of anything and the lurid look of these creatures has really sparked his imagination. So I showed him these on the internet then we went into the living room and pretended we were Mandrill. Have to explain to him that we are not allowed to bite even when we are pretending to be biting animals (hmmm). Then he got tired and said "I'm a tired Mandrill now - I'm going home to bed - you be a Mandrill so I can watch you" which confirms my hunch that children when they are bored will use Mum as a TV or donkey...

Had a nice circle time today but I realise how unfit I am. We did "soldier" action rhymes and I was almost on my knees after two verses of The Grand Old Duke of York....!!!

3 Comments:

At 6:34 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Tell me about it. When I told Boss the story of Musa (as) he was very alarmed to hear he was thrown in a river. Eyes like saucers. So when he wants to clarify he asks "Musa - alaihi salam??"

Did he think I'd throw him in a river?? And did he think I'd do it and not take him to watch... come on.

 
At 9:05 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I knew I shouldn't have put that picture up. Oh well - I am poor. Some people are bound to comment on how crap my stuff is. *shrugs*

 
At 4:33 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Did you notice the scraches on the table and how old my microwave was aswell??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise