Friday, February 25, 2005

OK real blog: Swearing

Now as many of you may know swearing used to be one of my favourite recreational activities. Amazingly after giving birth to Boss and gazing at his sweet, innocent face, all desire to swear instantly left me and I felt I owed it to him not to warp him with ugly speach. In this category I include "soft" swear words like "bloody", "Bleeding" "blimey" (which someone's mother once told me 'its like asking God to 'blind me', so taking no chances there) "Sod" and the like. Yes I *do* feel a bit prim sometimes, but its necessary.

What I really dislike, therefore, is to have *other* people swear in front of him instead. My parents can't seem to stop themselves and YES I DO CONSIDER "BLOODY" AND "HELL" AND "SWEET" AND "JESUS" USED IN THE SAME SENTENCE AS SWEARING ACTUALLY.
I have told them several times and perhaps it is getting better (?) but I just wish people would take this seriously!!

I really dislike it when I am in town and complete strangers swear - I can't even tell them off!!

Anyway, one of my "mistakes" is that I sometimes say "God!!" in an exasperated manner and I have told Boss that actually we should say "gosh" or "goodness" when saying something, so everytime I utter this GOD phrase I get a good telling-off. "You said "God"... you said dat. You said "God".... OK OK Jeez... I mean, goodness, OK I am sorry - astaghfirullah. *Satisfied Boss*

[I also call him an idiot and a plonker when I am at my wits end which I really hate in myself - its so abusive and lacking respect. I am making a concerted effort to not use language in that way - especially now he walks round in a sing-song voice saying, "I a little plonker! You little plonker" *sobs*]

Anyway, the other day me, Boss and Hubby were out in the car and Hubby was about to pull out into an on-coming vehicle to his left-side (meaning impact with Boss) when instead of reciting shahada (as I usually do when in distress or shocked) I screamed O MY GOD STOP!!!!

*Screaching brakes. Shaken Hubby. No harm done*

To which I am treated with an indignant look from Boss and "You said "God"... you said dat. You said "God", you said dat".

Why do children have to be so literal?? I WAS SUPPLICATING NOT SWEARING.

Must make a mental note to teach Boss that God and Allah mean the same thing. *sigh*

Good night.

xx

2 Comments:

At 7:55 am, Blogger Sarah said...

Me too?! Promise there won't be swearing on my blog, my parents read it ;)

 
At 11:55 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Oooooh Pox. We have snot and constipation. Wanna do a swap?

Linking is fine. I should add a few more blogs to my link section as well.

Hm I do link MuddlePuddle rather a lot - you are my HE brain, that's why :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise