Monday, March 21, 2005

Just when you think you have it all worked out...

... the sky caves in. Well, not quite, but something along those lines on an emotional/hormonal level. Boss woke up with stupid amounts of energy and half the "listening to reason" ability he usually has. So instructions/requests have been forgotten/ignored within nanoseconds and this has resulted in a lot more bounce, harm and damage than usual. Currently smashing into walls and chairs and my pregnant bump and my bum and stairgates and doors and... (you get the picture, surely). And no matter how much he hurts himself he just gets up and keeps on going. He *is* the Energizer Bunny. I am trying to get him to understand that if he keeps this level of smashing into things up, that one day he may sprain his wrists. So far this message has kept him from smashing into things too much, and we have slowly weaned himself out of the habit of literally dive-bombing onto/off the sofa, narrowly missing sharp corners and peoples' teeth, but today was the day when violence was obviously more important to him than personal health and safety.

I have been told that this is obviously fulfilling a need in him, but I'm b*ggered if I can think what it is.

Then. Coupled with this I feel as though I am having *period pains* and that's just not fair!!! My stomach is cramping, I have a trapped nerve in my back and I feel as though I've been booted from my neck to my tail-bone all evening. I can't walk all that well and I'm feeling a little teary.

So, great combination as you can imagine.

It's at times like this when people tell me to "relax" and "go with the flow" that I wish they would just come here for a week and see how they would react to all this. The days when Boss is lovely and cuddly and not-so-bouncy are wonderful, but full-on days are sending me into a tail-spin. Ahhh! Either I accept the levels of destruction that days like this bring, or we have a certain amount of friction. Tough choice.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Er, wait - this INCREASES with age???? I thought it would get BETTER when he got older. Are you telling me to fear the coming years??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise