Friday, March 18, 2005

I'm pooped. Spent all morning blizting the house (with loads still left to do). Something about spring that sends my brain into overdrive regarding getting the house back into order. I hate mess. I mean I really really hate clutter.

Jzk to Aunty H.O. for not driving off and leaving us when the road was blocked, and instead, like the UberTrooper she is actually endeavouring to pick us up on time. We were actually waiting in the garden for you, and had I used my brain I would have taken the phone out with me. I told Boss - "look Aunty H might not come after all because of the men who are parking their cars to get to the mosque" and you should have seen his little face drop - all disappointment and concern. Aw. So an extra "hurrah" for being there after all and not having my son's heart broken. Extra special du'a going out to you from both of us. And the phone wasn't in the sink after all *phew* - but pretty close...

And Merry, I don't know which one of your girls was playing with the cars in AWorld this afternoon, but she has an ardent not-so-secret-admirer here! He keeps going on and on and ON about her with a huge silly grin on his face! He really was taken with her very much! Gushing, almost...

Anyway, if nothing else AWorld really put me in my place about pain-relief options at my birth. I wish I'd never opened my mouth, but as far as I can tell all pain-relief is a big, fat lie which hurts you more than the birth. Like HO said, "and what pain relief is there for the pain relief then?". Damn. Anybody tried TENs then?? Just about seems my only option as nothing else works.

AWorld put me in my place about a lot of things actually.

Anyway, Boss played in the garden happily all afternoon and the girl next door came in and played and they love each other very much; she's a very easy-going-natured girl, not a teary, stroppy sort, which is good as Boss is quite rough! Aw, when she has to go in she goes "Have to go now M" and she picks him off his feet and gives him a big kiss. How many 6 year olds would do that? Aw. Alhamdulillah.

7 Comments:

At 8:17 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Well where I come from you don't fulfill a Fard by causing a nuisance to the community. That in itself is haram. You can't walk to Makkah on a road of your brother's skulls!

They are so selfish. And parking like that is illegal too.

 
At 9:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tried 'Tens' - wouldn't really call it 'pain relief'! More like s'thing that takes your mind off the contraction for a bit but at the end i had it on continuosly and didn't even realise until i was getting a contraction and thought 'oh better switch it on' and i actually switched the damn thing of, so out of luck i think deb! Inshallah you'll be alright, make loads of dua that Allah makes it easy and short for you.
My first labour was horrific and even now i feel traumatised when i think back, but second time round i quite enjoyed it, as far as you can enjoy pain, but it's not s'thing that worries me anymore. Just try to be positive about it and speak to Kdj, she'll get you in the right frame of mind inshallah. Salaam.

 
At 9:09 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

No no. I hardly spoke to you anyway, which was a shame. I should make more effort to talk to people - once I get sat down somewhere I just like to stay there until I *have* to move again. It's a rare opportunity not to have to move!

So, that was Ammi, ey?? Hm... that means two muslim men in your daughter's lives then ;-) He really was VERY VERY taken with her. Very gushing with twinkling eyes. I think he said something like, "I crashed my car into her car lots of times and she laughed", which in his world is a sign of true friendhsip...

 
At 9:10 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

TENs no good. So why do we call it all PAIN RELIEF THEN

 
At 9:16 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I used pethidine and the gas thingy. None of which relieved my pain, so I have no idea why it is peddled as "pain relief". The pethidine just made me feel drunk and beligerent and I have very little recollection of much of the birth (other than it hurt rather a lot) and the gas and air was a tad useless because I was so busy sitting on my hands that I couldn't put the mask on my face. And if the midwife tried to leave it on my face I had a hissy fit. Not very good at handling the thought of intense torture. I'm so not organised about this all.

 
At 9:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way labour pains is meant to be about 70% of that of the pangs of death, for anybody who's interested.

 
At 1:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise