Monday, August 22, 2005

Diet

*Sigh* ... *Grinds teeth* .... *Massages head*

OK, yes. I am on a diet. There is no escaping the fact that I am overweight. It cannot be hidden any longer. Years of wearing jalabiyya have conned me into thinking I am thin. I am not. Not in any conceivable form. OK, yes there are some tribes in Africa who think my bodyshape is the epitome of womanly beauty, but they are not people I hang out with. In medical terms I am two points off the scale from being officially obese. Yes, people: OBESE.

Now bear in mind that before I got married I was 7stone. Not healthy but damn I looked good. Now my weight has increased to... well let's just say there's a seven in there somewhere...

I have had enough. I want to be thin again. I am tired of wearing jogpants (why is it that the only thing fat people can wear is *jogpants*). I am tired of being round. Goddamn it - I want curves again - and not on my thighs.

So let's see. I've officially been on my diet since 9am this morning and already I feel as though I haven't eaten for 27 days. I am disappointed I haven't yet lost the three-ish stone I want to lose, because it feels by the sheer amount of pain in my head that I should have done...

All fat jokes this way,please...

7 Comments:

At 8:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well deb,i am going to join you.Ineed to lose at least 2 st so off we go.lmm

 
At 4:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ought to start your callanetics again :P

 
At 4:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And remember you always used to say to me: "sufis are supposed to survive on bread crumbs!" *sniggers*

 
At 4:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, really I do sympathise with you Deb. *there there* (pointing to belly :P )

 
At 10:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're looking for a get
out clause in this ridiculous torture called *dieting* I have one, and I use it A LOT.

I think it is totally rational that as you are breastfeeding, not long had the bubba and not sleeping you should not be dieting. Eating is what is keeping you going. I don't mean make Mars Bars the staple food of the house but, you know, eating nice food and not feeling guilty about it. And remember what the Best friends guide says (and I can testify to this too) nine months up and nine months down again, reagrdless of what you do.

Now go eat. Bismillah.

 
At 10:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh P.S those medical charts suck. And are completely false. My Dh is 'fat'. Have you seen him??!!!

 
At 10:37 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Well medical charts or not I want to be thin again. I am fed up of wearing pyjamas and baggy tops. I don't want to be a size 8 again (well yeah I do) - just something that means I can wear *clothes* again and not look like beach ball would be nice.

Baby puking, must go now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise