Saturday, August 13, 2005

I have hit a plateau...

...not in a good way. I have just hit it and stayed down for the count. I only have so much enegy and only so many hours where I can use both my arms at the same time. So the plateau has to stay hit... my house is a MESS and instead of fighting this fact I am going belly up and giving in. There is blood on my (new) net curtains. Hurray! There is snot embedded in my (recently washed) cushion covers. Lovely! Wallpaper is ripped from the bay window area. Great! My sofa has is thread-bare. Keep it coming! My (new 2nd hand) kitchen table has no wood left on the top through sheer recklessness. I love it! My carpets crunch and the dust levels inside my house exceed EU legal workplace limits BUT DO I CARE.... no, no, no.














OK, YES. Yes I care, but rather than stressing everyone out with repetitive phrase injury I have, for the sake of sanity and world peace, stopped nagging about it. The nagging never worked and I got a hernia. My house is a mess. When I have the time and energy I am sure this will be rectified insha'allah. Or if somebody buys me a lovely house with enough cupboards to hide the squalour. Or if Hannah comes and organises me and sorts my life out. (That would be GREAT btw), then it will be fine, but for now here is the key to my new-found "peace"... repeat after me:


"In the scheme of things this really doesn't matter....In the scheme of things this really doesn't matter....In the scheme of things this really doesn't matter....In the scheme of things this really doesn't matter....In the scheme of things this really doesn't matter....In the scheme of things this really doesn't matter...."












Yeah, I don't buy it either...

3 Comments:

At 7:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes the build up is great for productivity. The amount of times I go on a cleaning binge after a long feeding session. Its like I've been staring at what needs to be done for 30 minutes and I CAN'T BEAR IT ANYMORE!!!!!

 
At 8:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

or you could just be in for a house like mine, but i'm guessing you're closer to hannah.
your new mantra is my standard, and i'm ok with that more than i'm not ok with it now, so alhamdulillah.
unless you are possibly even a dream near to fulfilling things the way you want to, to not accept your circumstances is just nonsense.
maybe this is why i am in what i'm in - it is a painful lesson, but applicable to all of life actually.
am i just making excuses?
well, yes and no.
all taufiq is from Allah.
and my husband noted that (on my most recent cry of despair when tackling the laundry, which i *cannot* come to peace with.lol!)
in a few years we'll be on top of it and everyone else will be upside down.

! no! don't tell me you are all too clued up on child spacing and limiting your family.
come on, it's fun - i want to see you struggling
ah ha ha ha.........!!!!!!!!!!!!


*love*
kdja

 
At 1:03 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

YOu want to see me struggling?? - no problem - just turn up here any hour of the day and TA DA your wish will come true!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise