Friday, March 17, 2006

OK normal service is resumed, almost...

... taking my extra med and feeling *way* too spaced out. I'll give it a few more days and either cut it back or space the med out a bit.

Right.

So we did circle time. Surahs and action rhymes. Jaws slept and then we continued our daffodil theme. Using the egg containers we painted the other day we made three cards/pictures of daffodils.





Then using pipecleaners, the rest of the egg cartons and some tissue paper we made a possie of "real" daffodils.









Then we painted the pipe-cleaners green and did some others in advance for another session, as the idea is that we will insha'allah make a few more flowers with cleaners and tissue paper to make a pretty bouquet, then place these in a basket which I would like to make with him out of a plastic tub covered in strips of coloured paper adding a garlanded handle out of paper, adding some sparkle here and there, and ta-da, that's mother's day sorted. I've just re-read that and can't believe it's me talking. What have I become?? - like Margery Proops on a Blue Peter Fest. Where has all my youthful anti-establishment rebellion gone?? Bleedin' hell....




Next week I'd like to move onto the eggs and this ties in nicely with dinosaurs (?!) and as well as dying some it would be cute to make some nests too, and maybe some confectionary nests out of shredded wheat and chocolate and some miniature eggs in when he isn't looking as a surprise. (?)

We washed our hands of the glue and then I gave him the dinosaurs we painted the other day and he finished off the detail with oil pastels.









Which lead neatly onto watching the first of the DVDs I rented from Amazon (they have a free trial offer for three DVDs) and yes, I know it isn't Waldorf and I'll probably regret it, but anyway, "Walking with Dinosaurs" disc 1. Covered the time of the dawn of the dinosaurs, then episode two was diplodocus with a few stegasaurus and allosaurs thrown in for good measure. Enraptured audience.









I can see now I have to clean my screen... hm... anyway, this instigated a LOT of dinosaur role playing this afternoon. He was really proud to have been given a tail



He wore it will pride and took it very seriously, so much so that Jaws kept trying to grab it. So we gave him one too :P



Then we undid the flower press. Squished flowers. Very good.

We read some more LW&W and just read dinosaur/pterosaur books till my eyes bled.

Then bed and he screamed again. I think it is dinosaur related, though I can't be sure. Have to reassure him lots and lots from here on in. Have to leave the landing light on *rolls eyes* is this normal for a four year old? I suppose it is. *sigh*

P.S. Jaws has been furniture walking (and furniture falling off and smashing his skull) for a week now. SHRIEK

4 Comments:

At 7:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your pipe-cleaner daffs - might try those with Flopsy next week. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm rubbish at thinking things up!

 
At 7:44 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

*fans herself from the hot flush of receiving praise as I am so not used to it*

 
At 9:43 pm, Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

According to Carol I was furniture walking last weekend - I'll take her word for it.

Nice daffs. Like daffs. My dad liked daffs too.

You're an amazin' lady D. Not many'd manage to do what you do. Carol's had a look at the blog and said "Wow! Sod that" 'n Carol can do most anything.

You ever want to borrow a bit of 'anti-establishment rebellion' let me know. Got plenty to spare.

 
At 7:30 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh 4D STOP it. You make me BLUSH. *fans herself again* I'm not amazing. I'm brain dead bumbling along. All praise is to Allah who makes everything possible - we are so powerless to affect anything.

Glad you laughed Ruth. It tickled me too :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise