Monday, February 28, 2005

Oscars

In case anyone wants an update I'm still feeling like hell. If I had been single with no ties (nearly wrote 'toes' oo-er) today would have been the day I just closed my eyes and not move. But of course those simple pleasures are for men and kids. And poor Boss. He so desperately tried to make me happy and be compliant, but I was soooooo weepy. He kept saying "Don't cry Mummy, I love you, I help you". I'm such a cow. *Sigh*

Anyway, Hubby came home much later than he usually does, so I was stretched to breaking point and when he walked in the door he was greeted with me crying. Brave little soldier battled on without me and kept Boss amused. But then, you know, I *had* to move - Boss was clearly starving, needed the loo, the plates had food on them etc...today we all suffered: me because I ached and them because they are so clueless without me that their happy routine and foundation was a little shaken. Now should that make me feel *important* or should it make me feel bound? Too ill to decide.

Right - vent spleen, vent spleen, vent spleen. The Oscars... grrr ... all these people do is play 'let's pretend' and 'dressing up', someone puts words in their mouth and they say them. Very good. Well done. Then once a year we are treated to this media onslaught which simply saturates the face to look at it all, which attempts to make Klingon lookalikes into avatars. Hillary Swank. Should there be an apostrophe in that? Who cares. But you know the scary thing is that people of a less balanced disposition and kids who are emotionally unready to accept that adults can be anything less than gods, are really taken in by this crap - they revere these people.

You know once I was reading a story in a modern day Sufi book and these mureeds of a Sufi went to an Indian village where they were told dwells are real-life living god. So off they went. And when they found him they saw that people did indeed revere him and treat him as a god and he made all the right sounds in return. They talked to him and after a while they made him realise that he couldn't be God so why did he say he was? He replied, 'All my life since I was a child everyone has told me I am so I believed them'.

Materialism is the new religion isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise