Saturday, March 26, 2005

Made *me* laugh, anyway

Boss gets his colours 'red' and 'green' mixed up to such an extent that I think it is safe to say he is colour-blind. It goes beyond coincidence and he actually said the other day "Oh it looks red to me", and really unless he knows out of persistent habit something is green everything green is labelled red. I am a tad sorry for him as I have no idea how he must view the world and whether or not it affects his ability to see the vast beauty displayed in our technicolour world, or what.

Anyway, today we were in the car and Hubby pointed out a train and said, "Look M, that train is purple", when actually it wasn't. So I quipped, "Oh are you colour-blind too - maybe that's where Boss gets it from then?", to which Hubby replied, "No, I just don't know my colours". And I nearly wet myself. I hope he hasn't lost any jobs in engineering on account of this!

Made me laugh, anyway.

4 Comments:

At 9:30 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

"Although defective color vision may be acquired as a result of another eye disorder, the vast majority of color blind cases are hereditary - present at birth. The gene for this is carried in the X chromosome. Since males have an X-Y pairing and females have X-X, color blindness can occur much more easily in males and is typically passed to them by their mothers."

So there. I'm researching it all. :P

 
At 9:31 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

http://webexhibits.org/causesofcolor/2.html#vissamp

 
At 9:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You obviously never noticed my table.It also creaks and attempts to collapse during every use.Saf had a good time too and you were not really moody actually you were nearly crying with joy when boss rode safs bike alone.ahhhhh.lmm

 
At 11:06 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm much better today after the Gaviscon affect, actually. Managed to smile and laugh this morning - Boss looking at me with a look of genuine happiness on his face due to the fact he has his Mummy back - he keeps saying "I love you Mummy". Aw...

Aw, the bike. I'm so proud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise