Monday, April 25, 2005

Having issues with

... blogger and the car AGAIN. Blogger is just a tempermental blog tart and our "car" (I am sure there are rules under trade & descriptions about cars having to have certain elements before being labeled a "car" - you know, such as an engine that *works* for example) is still intermittingly sulky and I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF IT. I told my husband today I do not want to see this car again. Take it out and shoot it but do *not* bring it back to my house. But he did anyway. Apparently nobody wanted to nick it - don't blame them. We are still waiting for a crate load of cash to fall out of the air - or a free (working) car with no faults. Anybody?? *Sigh*

So. Did naff all again - why is it when your husband is under your feet the day just seems to drift? Played in the garden then in the house then in the garden then in the house. Then bed.

Last year we had a patch of clover in our garden which was literally nothing but four and five-leaved. Yes, honestly - five leaved clover was growing in such abundance that I said we should make a business out of it - you know - sell it on eBay or something to stupid people who believed in talsimans of various descriptions. People look for four-leaved clover for years without finding one - and here we were falling over them all!! But alas my hubby said we couldn't sell it as it would be haram in that we would be selling talisman and promoting shirk (he's such a stickler for the no-shirk thing :P).
Anyway, today he jokingly said, "Ok we've hit rock bottom let's sell the clover - ooh look here it is - three leaved clover...". And I thought this is our problem - too little too late and we never get it quite right.

Anyway, I had to inform my hubby he was wrong on all accounts - it isn't three-leaved clover that people sought after, but four-leaved ("Oh"), and we hadn't hit rock bottom at all - we hit rock bottom about 5 years ago - now we were digging the rock and hitting gas pipes.

5 Comments:

At 1:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you could really get a booming business, esp if you could make keyrings and cards! It doesn't sound very halal though I must admit...I wonder what sunnipath would say?!

Thinking of you and your bump. Not long now and you'll b doing what I am...typing one handed in the middle of the night.

 
At 6:39 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Hm... you make it sound so exotic :S

 
At 7:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know!!! But, having said that, there is something tranquil about your own house in the middle of the night. Maybe it's because you're not being accosted for drink/story/food/dummy/biscuit every few seconds. In fact if it wasn't for the nauseating tiredness I would be tempted to do it for the rest of my children's youth!

 
At 7:58 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

And if it wasn't for the fact that you knew you couldn't have a nap in the daytime it would be nice to stay awake at night for tahajjud too :S

 
At 10:02 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Hm.. and that approach would signal Divorceville in my house :S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise