Friday, April 29, 2005

I am soooooo tired...

Right well where were we?

Had visitors in the morning and it was nice to be able to just sit in the garden and watch the kids "play" (well, size each other up if I'm honest...). Boss had been forewarned that I would tolerate no nipping, pushing, shouting, hitting over head with cricket bat or general nastiness of any sort and the other little boy had had a pep talk too so for the first time since I can remember they didn't take hefty chunks out of each other and his mother and I actually held a conversation which lasted for more than a minute!! Hurrah!

Didn't make it to MuddlePuddle thingy, but I really hadn't planned to as I woke up at dawn with incredible period pains/cramps and spent most of the day rubbing my lower back, breathing IN and generally worrying that sprog had heard me moaning and decided to make an appearance. Still not 100% actually, but a bit better alhamdulillah. I think actually the baby has gone head down today because I can definitely feel little feet pushed up there. So perhaps that was what all that was about today. Hope I am feeling better by tomorrow as I have guests and I am sure they don't want a rendition of my Sumo Wrestling technique!

It should be nice to see my brother and his wife. I haven't seen them since she got preggers... Oooohh defintitely feet - stop it .... the funny thing is that they are older than me but keep asking for my advice LOL (little do they know that I actually ask Khadijah for eveything myself!!) and I'm feeling quite matronly around them. Crikey. Since when do I know anything about kids!!

Boss is excited about seeing his Uncle again (he's only woken up every day this week and asked, "is Uncle coming today???"). So I expect some pretty intense male bonding going on tomorrow. Which should leave us ladies time to discuss maternity dresses :P

Went a bit cold turkey yesterday and today - there were no Polos in the house at all and Hubby was away all afternoon and early evening and didn't get me any. So it wasn't til 4pm today that I got my mitts on some - and do you know - I was shaking opening the packets! All of a sudden I instantly calmed and something in my brain "twanged" back to normal and the tetchiness was gone. I was actually suffering withdrawal symptoms - how bad is that?!

Car news: alhamdulillahi rabbil 'alameen - we got a car yesterday very, very reasonably priced. *Dances the merry dance of joy* - it is like a normal car in all respects - it goes forwards *and* backwards; it has seats and the belts to go with them (diagnal ones too boot!); it has windows; it has a stearing wheel set at the right alignment; the lights aren't cracked; the number plate isn't hanging on with cellotape and flapping in the wind; the tyres aren't bald. Plus, it isn't an import so parts are readily and cheaply available insha'allah and the insurance should ergo be much, much lower. I am so alhamdulillah-ing that I could have kissed it. Need to insurance-shop on the net tonight insha'allah, but I shall gladly do so with a joyful heart *wipes a tear from her cheek*... Boss likes it too.

Anyway, my walking ability has been further dented by today's gymnastics (baby's - not mine) making walking up and down the stairs excruciatingly painful - du'a please :S
And I know people think I am actually making excuses when I say I can't do certain things or go places 'cos I can't walk, but really I can't. And I'm not stupid either - I know exercise is good, and I know that I can walk slowly if it helps, but please, please, if you don't want your head bitten off, don't suggest these things to me - walking slowly doesn't help and exercise is just jarring my joints to shreds. I walk to a standtill getting to the top of the garden and I can't even shuffle properly. Old age is really going to suck you know that? It is literally like walking on three spikes - two in my hips and go figure where the other hurts... if I could walk on my hands I would!

Definitely feet....

8 Comments:

At 8:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is this a car you will be able to drive then? (very excited at impliction of Debbie getting out and about!)

 
At 8:56 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Oooooh hadn't thought about that! :D It's not as stupidly big as the last one actually and I didn't feel overwhelmed behind the steering wheel ... hey - could it be that Debbie is about to join the 21st Century??

I daren't even hope.... I'll just shrug and say insha'allah.

 
At 9:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

o.k then, so will I.

 
At 9:11 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

You typing one-handed again? Got the snip all planned and ready ... is he feeding well ... etc etc... :)

 
At 9:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not the best advert for breastfeeding. My right side isn't very good (wasn't with A either) I have cracked...no let me rephrase that...the end of one of my nipples has gone and this afternoon I have started antibiotics for what i'm sure is mastitis starting on that side. He is feeding fine though and has gained weight. he's really chilled mashaAllah and when i get rid of this rather painful problem everything should be a lot more fun!

As far as the snip goes it's on hold as he has some water behind his right testicle and we have to wiat for that to dispurse until we can get it sorted out. I still need to get on the ball (ha ha) and ring around though.

 
At 9:37 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Hannah - very poor, very poor indeed.... :P

 
At 9:39 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I was reading this on Merry's site about breastfeeding actually... quite interesting

 
At 12:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a very interesting article. B got colic...it was a nightmare.
I am making sure he finishes on one side before switching. the midwife has checked my poitioning and said it's fine it's a matter of him not opening his mouth wide enough, perhaps due to young age and therefore small mouth.
Who said breastfeeding was easy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise