Sunday, May 08, 2005

OMG I am so tired type blog

Got a glimpse today of what a new baby is going to bring to the house - sledgehammer tiredness. I am soooo tired I have bounced off a few walls and walked into rooms to do things and forgotten what I wanted to do there, then left and remembered to return back to do it only to completely forget instantly once in the room.

Why, you might be asking yourselves, is poor Debbie (and co.) so tired? Well I'll tell you: a certain *somebody* who is less than four feet tall, decided to wake up at 1am last night. And 1:15am. And 1:30am. And 2am. And 2:30am. And 2:43am. And 3am. And 4:35am. Crying and screaming. For no reason. To show me snot. For a cuddle. To tell me something. To see if I'd get there in under ten seconds. Because he was bored. Because he just didn't want to sleep. OMG I was so tired that I think I actually went into a coma at 5am and whether he called after that or didn't I really don't know. But boy am I tired. And boy do I so now remember what babies are like. And it is making more determined than ever to get a SLING ready to strap this child constantly to me day and night so that I can get some *sleep*....

Can't think beyond 'where did I put my Polos'. Brain hurting. Eyes squidgy. I'm off to fantasise about a good nights' sleep (insha'allah). Pity Isha salah is going to slighty bugger up that fantasy of an early nights sleep.... :S

7 Comments:

At 7:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world. be afraid....be very afraid!!!

It wasn't all that bad you know, but then someone picks up germs and brings them into our little nest. Tired + ill + ill baby + ill children = my worst nightmare.

We all appear to be on the mend now (inshaAllah) but I will be avoiding any ill people from now until the end of time.

 
At 7:35 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Ew.

Yes Hannah we went through the ill thing a few blog months back and although I only had one ill child - add it to ill self and it is a sucky deal. I pray you make a full recovery SOON. Amin.

 
At 7:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another nightmare : unending snot + small person unable to blow nose. AARRRGGGHHHH.

If the thought of washing them out didn't make me reach I would def be getting one of those nasal aspirator things to suck the snot out of babies noses.

 
At 7:38 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Well if that makes you retch I won't tell you that the African method is to use your own mouth then...

 
At 7:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have heard that!!! There have been desperate times in the middle of the night where the prospect has crossed my mind.

But I am a western woosy so I reach for the calpol and go back to bed!

 
At 8:22 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Bed.......Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........sleeeeeeeeeeeepy..................... *Homer type drool*...

 
At 8:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've used breast milk a couple of times to drip up their noses and that helps a bit too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise