Saturday, February 18, 2006

It's started...

... you know babies, well they are cute and innocent and love cuddles and snuggles and general cosiness and physical contact. Then, I don't know about your kids, but it seems to be a rite of passage here, they seem to get a clue and decide that actually they don't like being fussed over, or cuddled or kissed and snuggled and this can result in high-pitched screaming and indignation at merely seeing ones mother puckering her lips for a smacker.

And then, round about 8 or 9 months the rutting season starts.


Well it's started now. I'm being nutted whenever I make the mistake of trying to cuddle my darling son. It's OK he's small and so far I can usually headlock him into a cuddle even if he doesn't want one (he doesn't). I know that this headbutting trend and relentless wriggling out of all physical shows of affection goes unabated from hereon in so am trying to get as many snuggles, by hook or by crook, before he gets much stronger.

Boss was most indignant to find out today that we were *not* going to be leaving the house in any shape or form. "Oh" he said sadly... "I thought we were going to go somewhere inciting (exciting)". Nope. My day off.

Had some interesting dreams for the last couple of days and I may start a dream blog to record them. They can be quite insightful... involves a lot of ceiling and attics... hmm

1 Comments:

At 4:35 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

What, you mean yours doesn't grab your ear and nose when you try to kiss him and attempt to rive them off your face??

Fascinating.... tell me more...

I thought this was just Boss, but now I see it as a family trait...

Irked? yup

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise