Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Food shopping is always fun - nowhere else do you get the experience of having to manage balancing various items from food to apparel while at the same time coochy-cooing a cross baby and systematically restraining a human dynamo and apologising to various wronged individuals. Thankyou to the lady who stopped the shelf from falling down on Boss - I am indebted since I could neither afford to replace lost stock nor handle the embarrassment of having to have the fire brigade called to release child from the clutches of household necessities. I didn't quite like the look you gave me which read "what kind of mother are you", but as I am by now used to it, I'll let that slide. Of course it is *my* fault that he behaves the way he does - because I really *love* having to deal with his innane nonsense from morning to evening. I specifically *ask* him to behave this way. Go on - give me MORE dirty looks. I lap them up.

Anyway, managed to forget some essential items *rolls eyes* and couldn't fit all the shopping back into the trolley once it was all in bags. I don't understand how this could happen unless the cashier was secretly putting extra things in my bags when I wasn't looking... who knows. Luckily I had found a really good car parking place really near the store so was feeling a bit smug about it. Until the car decided it didn't want to start. Hmm... Oh well. Got there in the end. Started the car eventually and Boss said "phew - good job I just prayed to Allah then isn't it??!". I reckon.

Got home and boy it takes a long time getting the shopping sorted. It tires me out. Ate lunch, cleaned the house, then resumed our daffodil thing. Today we worked with soft pastels and watercolour - wet on wet.

We had a huge picture of a daff to inspire us and I taught him how to see various colour changes in the composition and to draw what he sees not what he thinks he sees. Went well until he saw some other colours he liked and he just drew, well he says it's an Indian elephant, but behind it is something yellow - that's the daffodil.

I worked beside him doing one too and I think the benefit of working like this is twofold - firstly it allows me time to do something creative, which I have not done for about a decade, and secondly it gives him a model to imitate. The resulting artwork isn't the point right now, but he has a chance to sample different things and see what should be done.






My offering




Watercolour






Then we read LW&W - he's in awe that we are nearly at the end. I think he feels a sense of accomplishment in that - and so do I. It is the first "big book" we have read together all the way through, and I am happy that he could follow the plot and remember what has been happening.

Next we observed our growing things and made notes to the notebook.







We put the pictures to the wall and cupboards.









We made some flowers for the sake of it.




And we cut the grass in the pot garden. And we're done with daffodils now.

I am tired after a long day of Boss being "full on". I thank Allah for the strength to manage and to serve my family, and even though I am tired I am grateful too. Boss in bed, everyone's veins on the side of their temples are slowly returning to within normal paremeters.

I'm pooped.

6 Comments:

At 8:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam. I like your blog. Jzk for taking the time to write :)

 
At 8:31 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Jzk :)

 
At 10:25 pm, Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

JZK? What is this? The new Enigma code?...ok I'm a pleb...

Glad the shelf missed Boss. Screw the 'looks' you're doin' fine.

Not that I'm an art critic of any distinction but I think you're daff's bloody good by any standard.

You any good at shark's in formaldahide? Next stop the Tate...

 
At 4:58 am, Blogger Heidi Grether said...

I just got the Callanetics DVD. I hope I can walk or even get out of bed in the morning! She put me to shame. Thanks, I think!!!!!

Hey, I seriously will be thanking you when I can breathe in that dress!

It is so easy to judge others (eye rolling). I have to watch that with me. . . sorry you had it directed at you today. We all have our humiliating moments.

 
At 4:09 pm, Blogger Rory Shock said...

have no idea how this godless infidel [yours truly] lit here ... wait a minute ... something about a search for the term "exploding brain" ... which is on my mind since I'm announcing BRAIN EXPLOSION PREVENTION WEEK week at my blog ... but I just wanted to say that I started reading your shopping stream of consciousness and that captivated me ... nice writing etc here ... gonna hafta check out that intriguing teenage midget post ...
rory

 
At 7:29 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

thanks v. much. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise