Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The blog LMM is dreading ... :P

OK I wrote a blog entry before and blogger ate it so I'm really hacked off now.

Nice visit today, sorry I was/am such a mardy mare. Boss enjoyed it immensely and said "Saf is a really, really nice girl actually", and it was a genuine heartfelt comment. He likes the silliness of boys but gets on really well with girls masha'allah. H2 is also a big hit...

The down-side to the visit was having to wrench myself away from a house with a beautiful kitchen back to my slob-house with its awful kitchen. Was quite depressing. I hate my table. See for yourself exactly WHY:




And want another one. A table that is beautiful to look at, doesn't wobble and doesn't kneecap you everytime you try to pull a chair up would be nice.

OK so what did we do over the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong weekend, then? Hm... we went to Notcutts and bought seeds and bulbs and compost and flowers. Last year we left the garden to its own design and it was a disaster, so this year we both want to spruce it up.

I also want a patch of wildgarden flowers to encourage the kind of butterflies etc that fussed over patches of cultivated flowers don't really encourage. But seeing as Boss is already displaying a morbid fear of winged creatures maybe this isn't such a crash-hot idea?? Think I will nag my ground on this none-the-less. I want some bugs and butterflies to look at at any rate.





I would also like a tub of freesias and/or a shrub by the back door. I definitely want some lovely smelling flowers in the garden this year.



And my hanging basket in the back garden is currently a collection of twigs. Need to sort that out too: This looks good:



A bit of colour makes all the difference to peoples' moods.

Anyway, currently my heartburn is in it's umpteenth week and getting steadily worse - my back hurts with it. Hubby got the Gaviscon and am waiting for the results - didn't realise how much it hurt til some pain abated!! Kids - you really suffer for them dontcha...

Better go and have a conversation with my hubby I suppose... back in a minute :P

PS here is a new link: Postman Pat - Boss loves it.

3 Comments:

At 10:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Stuff Polos - everything is giving me heartburn. I'm currently on mashed potato and milk and... thats it. Hmm but actually the Kendal Mint Cake thing might not be such a bad idea... or I could just get some peppermint flavour extract and cane a bottle everytime I get the mad glint in my eye???

 
At 10:02 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:02 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise