Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Today

Well, cough, splutter, cough, splutter, puke. Pretty much sums today up. I hate being ill; I know everybody does, but you know, I'm a real wuss about it all. Anything over a day I begin to panic about plagues of locust and lightening striking the house etc. etc. I can't see any other reason for illness except Divine wrath, so to have that for a whole week is pretty darned worrying. Yes, yes, I know illness is supposed to be a purification for us; very good, but I still hate it. Bleurgh!

Anyway, in the morning we did a new number sequence thingy. The old one was too big, and although this one is unfinished Boss is actually animated about these numbers and talks about them a lot. Need to annotate it. May do that tomorrow if Allah wills. (Funny how you can get into a habit of saying these things but when you are ill or stricken with bad news you suddenly remember to really mean it....hm...). Boss also becoming a little more number savy, or number aware due to his LeapPad book: Lots & Lots of Honey Pots - he's starting to realise that if he knew the numbers he could do the games.. hm... maybe try to help him out tomorrow and sit with him on that. But he is very territorial over his Pad; doesn't like a dope like me touching it much. His thing. His baby. His responsibility. I remember I used to be like this with my Mum when I was young - got very emotional if she touched a new exercise book and bent the edge of it or (heaven forbid!!) get a greasy thumb mark on it. So I fully understand his need for boundaries on that one... he let his Dad look at it, but as Hubby said: "I'm the lowest rung on the ladder - he thinks I need the education..." ... :P

Number sequence:






To finish off the paint session we laboured the "paint-a-car" obsession I must have triggered off the other day, and our continuing activities were spent turning all our paintable cars into "army vehicles". This one is dedicated to I1:





Right. News item. Don't want to get too political on this blog, as I don't like politics and I don't like to fall out, but what's THIS all about? I never get failed to be angered and confused at the absolute double-standards and hypocrisy in world politics and domestic politics alike. Why doesn't the Establishment just say, "Look, we hate Muslims actually and we'd rather you all either assimilated or eff off back to a country we can bomb you in, please", rather than live a lie of "freedom" only they actually mean "free to be as debauched as you like". And democracy isn't democracy as we believe it - it's simply tyranny of the masses over the minority with little toleration of those who are marginalised. You are free only if you are like us; great pluralism *that* is. Not.

I'm glad she has won the case; I am angry that she had to fight it in the first place, though. You can walk round like a two-bit ho and that's OK. You can commit adultery and have 8 women on the go and that's fine. But hold - you want to erm, cover yourself and erm, take care of your women by marrying them.... that's sick and oppressive and freaky.

PUH-LEASE.

What has it got to do with anyone else what I choose to wear?? THAT'S oppressive. I don't like what some people wear, but what's it got to do with me?? Their taste, their choice. Why is it all the rules as we know it are negated and turned on their head when it comes to Muslims? Look at France, Germany is going the same way, Denmark is just chomping at the bit. Austria, well, yeah OK you can understand....
What I choose to wear is none of anyone else's business, and the way people talked about Uniform you'd think it came down with the Ten Commandments or something - uniforms are constructed, and what can be constructed can also be *deconstructed*. I think people just need to be honest in these debates and instead of trying to rationalise a fear or a hatred just be honest and admit the truth. Muslims frighten them and they don't want them in their country or in their face. I can handle honesty, but all this assing about and wasting everybody's time and money trying to prove the emotionality of a non-rational debate is just silly.

And if we're honest, it's other Muslims that make it hard for Muslims in this country. There are so many Muslims in positions of power who are embarrassed about being a Muslim or who want to be respected that they will actually defend or bow out of these debates altogether rather than defend the Islamic position. They have nice houses though; sometimes two and a fourwheel drive. But they are spineless and pathetic. Pah!

And here is the Talking Point on the whole issue. We are free to kill our unborn children, YES! But to cover our bodies and have modesty... crikey, what are we - living in the middle ages or something??!

Hypocrites.

2 Comments:

At 9:10 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Grrrrr

 
At 10:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you didn't DO craft Debbie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise