Friday, April 22, 2005

The "why" thing continues...

... unabated. And I like it so far, but sometimes I just don't know all the answers even to mundane questions.

Bath-time tonight ran something like this:

Mum you see my willy wonka? *yes there it is* You see my belly-button? *yes* You see my belly-button? *Yes* You sitting down - you see my belly-button from der? *No...(sits up) yes there it is*... Mum why you sitting... *I'm lazy* Why? *Because I'm tired* Why you tired? *Because I have a baby in my tummy*... Mum you see dat shower tingy (thingy)? *yes* We didn't have a shower before *No we didn't* Why didn't we have a shower tingy before? *Because we just didn't* Mum you see dat light? *yes* You turn it off? *OK (click)* Mum, what's dat? (points to the switch chord for the shower) *It turns to shower on and off* Oh yes now I remember. Mum, what are all dem buttons on der shower? *They're buttons which switch it on and off* Oh yes. Mum what dat clock tingy in der middle? *That's the temperature dial* What dat BE?? *It makes it hot and cold* OK. Why is der red and blue on der tingy? *Because it means it's cold one way and hot the other* OK. Why?

Then he tells me "Mummy. ... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um... um ... um...um ... um" .. OH FOR GOODNESS SAKE WHAT???

"Mummy...... um ... um...um ... um .. I have... ... um ... um...um ... um.... snot water tingy!!" *You're nose is runny??* Yes, dat's it! Silly my billy! I forgot - my NOSE IS RUNNY...

2 Comments:

At 7:58 am, Blogger Salaam & Shanti Bariatric Yoga said...

Debbie, my son is 10 and still does the um.........um..........um......... tingy!
Just forewarning

 
At 3:34 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I think it was a genuine loss of recall for a certain word, which has never happened before, but it was cute because he invented a whole new one - snot water LOL which I think was quite inventive :D And quite an accurate description too :S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise