Saturday, July 02, 2005

Quick blog between demands on my breasts...

... sounds exotic that, doesn't it? Hm.

Anyway. Past week been a bit of a blur really. I've cried a lot. Khadijah patted my head a lot. Parents looked suitably doting and sympathetic a lot and Boss has been bossing everyone around a lot.

For those who want to know the details of labour - a quick summary: As you may remember the little fella was not in a hurry to come out; after ducking the Maternity Unit's "request" that I be induced at day 10 I managed to hold them off with daily visits to the ADU for monitoring and patronisation with one or two emotional pressure tactics thrown in for good measure (soon stopped when I said "I'm feeling a bit pressurised actually and I don't like it; I am going home RIGHT NOW before one of us demands to see the Administrator and gets someone sacked"... I was rather stroppy right at the end - like a lion with a toothache :S). Anyway, on Saturday 25th my waters broke and by Sunday morning nothing had twinged. So panicking (as baby hadn't moved) I went to Delivery and found baby OK but nothing shifting. So I was induced - contractions started at about 8pm, they wheeled me into the Charlotte Suite at 8:38pm (thinking they were going to be giving me a nice warm bath for pain relief HA HA), by which time I was screaming for gas and air, and by 8:58pm the boy was born. It really hurt and they were still trying to pull bits of my placenta out an hour later - then they gave me a drip which I had to have til 5am the next day - ouch again - then Monday 10am I went home with an awed Boss and clucky husband.

Alhamdulillah. Boss ever so proud and is very upset by all the adults telling him to be careful with the baby. He wants to kiss baby all the time and hold him, tell him stories etc.

Hubby been excellent masha'allah I wouldn't have coped without him *sniff*. He's been doing everything except feeding the baby - which has been having me weeping and gritting my teeth. I've been growling at Boss. It's been horrible. I.a. things will settle down soon.

Anyway, please make du'a for us.

Jzk

2 Comments:

At 7:35 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Boss came quickly too masha'allah. Better than last time in that I was less traumatised by the whole thing, wasn't smacked out of my head on something ending with "-ine" and I didn't swear nearly at all.

Midwives were great and ironically one midwife was one I really took a dislike to last time, but this time actually really got on well with *shrugs* must have been the pethidine last time...

Bad thing was there was hardly any gap between the contractions so even though the labour was short it was intensely painful without relief. As such I was actually begging for an epidural.

But better, if more painful...

 
At 8:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done,sound like the quick births are really intense.Hope you are doing well ,if i can do anything let me know.If not then get in touch when you're up for a visit..Love and salams..Maryam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise