Saturday, January 21, 2006

Dinosaurs

what *is* it with Dinosaurs??? Just when I thought I was getting away with it - bam! - he turns 4 and all of a sudden his predisposed "dino-gene" kicks in and now we are obsessed with them. I don't KNOW the names of all the dino-species - I never paid attention to it ever since anything with a name over nine letters long simply makes me lose interest... and now I have a child who wants to know every. Single. One. Man, it's enough to give me a migraine. Which it did. I figure if I just mumble something and add "-saurus" at the end I'm doing OK...

Anybody read This or This or This. Any comments. Which is the better?

3 Comments:

At 7:29 pm, Blogger Jax Blunt said...

First one looks interesting, Dumbing us down is kind of fascinating and horrifying all at once. Well worth a read though.

I take it you've read some John Holt already? Very good if you haven't.

 
At 7:53 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I want one of send to my brother who has just had a baby - well his wife has - and already at four months old she has her TV chair. *shriek!* Yes, they watch Eurosport together. Apparently she loves the skiing - the "white of the screen has her mezmerised".... er, yeah...

 
At 10:32 pm, Blogger shukr said...

what about 'you are your child's first teacher'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise