Monday, April 10, 2006

I've

been on my DIE-et a week now. I no longer wobble that much, my double chin is now a quarter chin and my legs are beginning to look like legs and not up-rooted tree trunks. There is light at the end of that tunnel.

Right. Today after cleaning the house, making breakie and falling out, we made a pin wheel.





Very good. Then we continued our whale project. We read about the Fin whale, typed, found photos, printed and stuck, watched a web cast of a Fin diving.



Boss read f-i-n ... FIN!! and guessed some other words. Then did a David Attenborough commentary (again) of the Blue Whale ... he has his accent down pat masha'allah :D. I filmed him again and he watched whilst chuckling.

Then we moved onto measurement. Taking a tape measure I showed him how long a metre was then we made our own metre-stick and measured things in the house.

Our metre-stick ... I can see you are jelous .....


We made a chart of things bigger or smaller than a metre and then graphed them.



We measured the house end to end then we talked about whale sizes and how the house was smaller than the blue and fin whale, and how much further we would have to walk before we reached the end of a whale. He estimated what was bigger and smaller than a metre (getting it right) then using snape cubes we represented Boss, Mummy, the House, a Blue whale and a Fin whale.

Measuring the room. Yes Hanaa the play kitchen is turned around because Genghis Jaws keeps trashing it ... we have very nice boxes, don't we? Hm.....


Measuring the house. Excuse the crap


Snap cubes. Boss, me, house, blue, fin.


Read CW and had lunch, then in the afternoon we played LW&W for hours and hours.

The Lamp-post


Aslan killing the White Witch. Ostheimer, of course, sweetie.


Edmund in battle


Peter in battle


Aslan's armour-plating....


Jaws played hide and seek with himself. Very good. Giggled like a maniac when we pretended we couldn't see him, before pulling the clothe off and looking at us with an enormous grin on his face, wide-eyed with expectation and we went "THERE YOU ARE" and he giggled and kicked his legs and covered himself again. This took most of one hour.

Going for the full-face burqa look. Don't blame him


Then intended to make some salt doh ready for a project sometime this week but Boss decided to get a raging temperature, start weeping and shivvering and being floppy (he never cries and only if he has really hurt himself, so we panicked). Rang GPs for emergency appointment and took Boss to the surgery with him crying and begging me not to, promptly puking ALL OVER the doctors foyer. And people tutted. Yes, sorry about that - I actually LOVE to have a sick child vomitting over me in public - it's my weird fetish sorry I had to drag you into my weird world - how odd that I had the audacity to bring a sick child to the Doctor's - you're right I should have let him sit on the pavement outside like the dog he is. *rolls eyes* He lay on the floor in the waiting room and fell asleep whilst everybody looked at us - I felt like I had to apologise to the obviously not-that-sick people for bringing a poorly child in.

Anyway, Drs said the poppet had an ear and chest infection, prescribed ABs and told me to give him paracetamol and ibuprofen at same time as his temperature was just stupid.

Went in chemist and bought him a cow. As you do. Went home gave medicine flaked out. I think this means we won't be doing much this week then :( I had some more measurement things worked out and wanted to make some whale models. Working towards making our own ocean out of a shoe box too.

Exciting (for me) news - Mum and Dad are taking us all on holiday!! OK, to Great Yarmouth, but I'm psyched!!! Sometime in June insha'allah.

Oh well. Make dua for us :(

3 Comments:

At 8:43 pm, Blogger Jax Blunt said...

hate sudden illnesses - hope recovery is just as sudden.

 
At 8:49 pm, Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Love the LW&W models.

What crap? You should see our house with 10 cats (and me).

"I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves"
"I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves"
"I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves"
"I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves"

the remix......

 
At 12:11 am, Blogger Elderfaery said...

JUST GIVE HER THAT BLOG TWINKLE AWARD NOW!!!!!

Ace post D!

Oh, yeh, and am hoping the sickness has abated now..you handled it fine though..sounds like..

Nice about the holiday. Reallynice:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise