Saturday, April 01, 2006

Whales are easier than fish - my lack of fish knowledge is more than compensated by increasing knowledge of whales thanks to Boss' interest and project.

Some books arrived from eBay today - whales, dolphins, a pop-up book - so much whale information we just didn't know what to do with ourselves! Continued unabated we typed, coloured, cut and stuck, read our books and covered the Blue Whale today.









We then painted some whales in watercolour and did wax relief piccies too:




We began Charlotte's Web at last after a very satisfactory WIW which he seemed to identify with Toad quite a lot! "Toad talks too much - and so do I" LOL. He has been wanted to start CW for a while so we read the first chapter and he looked at the illustrations.

Managed to get Charlie Chocolate and Matilda for 70p altogether from eBay, so I think we'll do Charlie Chocolate next - could be a hands-on book ;-) Plus that has a DVD which we could finalise with. They are filming CW this year, aren't they? I don't want to get him used to seeing a film after every book as he might think that is the whole point, but one is particularly good then it might keep him eager. LW&W is supposed to be visually stunning and I think that DVD would definitely bring the book alive to him. Charlie Chocolate has Johnny Depp in. Do I need to say more. No. Didn't think so.

Went to the park and a woman told Boss off. I was irked but she was quite right to put her foot down so I said nothing. I said, "that lady shouted at you, do you know why", he did, but then he said, "but she didn't *really* shout - like YOU do" and wasn't the least bit bothered. Ho hum.

He ditched the scooter and climbed every tree in the park. Every. One. Do you know how many trees are in there? A lot.

Then we came home and I re-potted the pot garden (I hope it doesn't die this time - the only thing I am good at growing is fungus), I cut everybody's hair, bathed the babes, and waded through all the crap I, in my majesty, decided to charity bag and all the clothes Jaws is now out of. I can't move.

Anybody out there want a foam hop-skotch thingy for indoor use??




Didn't think so.

4 Comments:

At 7:43 pm, Blogger Betula said...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004CMLF/qid=1143916742/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_18_2/203-4677340-9847923

This is a beautiful film of Charlotte's Web if you don't want to wait for the new version. I grew up watching this over and over again, and watched it again recently while Flopsy (then 2.5yrs) had chicken pox - she adored it too :-)

 
At 7:52 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! Will see if our library has one ;-)

 
At 10:03 pm, Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Don't forget LW&W on DVD next week

 
At 10:20 am, Blogger I Feel Good said...

Just dropping by:) I like what I read here..:)

-apples.blogsome.com-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise