Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I'm having one of those HE panics again...

... except I'm not really panicking, just being realistic. Boss is bored out of his head and I can't be everything he needs. He needs a group of friends his own age to ass about with, be stupid, fall over and make idiot faces with and to interact and learn from. I'm a mother, and no matter how good a mother you are you can't ass about with a three year old the way they want without one of two things happening - 1) you either go mad with boredom, or 2) your house falls apart. And I'm not up for either.

Perhaps it would be different if I had a car as then I would be able to get out and see the world. Being in doors is hard.

Anyway, I have noticed Boss is bored out of his head; I did some letters with him today after eons of nothing, and he really took to it, and I could literally see cogs working. He was really content afterwards as well.

I was thinking I need to put him into pre-school, because they will have the time to teach him things I have no patience for.... which, at the moment, is just about everything.

I'm also a bit hacked off with how hard it is to find a decent Doctor for circumcision here. Given then amount of Muslims there are in this area you'd think after like 30 years of being here they'd have gotten stuff like this sorted out. I hate it here.

3 Comments:

At 8:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, know how you feel. If B didn't have A I'd be in the same boat. In fact as far as toys go I'd say a sibling is real value for money!! I willed away A's babyhood as B so badly needed someone to play with.

 
At 7:33 am, Blogger Sarah said...

Pre-school's been good for us too. I think there is an age (3!) where the stuff they need is so hard (and messy, and annoying) to provide and it's so much easier to contract it out. Not to mention the fact that you have a new baby, and that's hard enough work in itself. Bad timing though, Debbie, as you'll have to wait until September anyway now! Hope you find a place easily if you decide to go down that route.

 
At 10:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK withdraw my previous comment. Siblings not great entertainment for each other.

Now repeat after me 'the best toy is always in someone else's hands' and you have just about summed up my week.

Am considering having A's voice box removed. What level of noise can one's eardrum withstand?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise