Friday, February 10, 2006

Burghley

Went to Burghley House today. The need to be outdoors, especially in this weather is really too much to resist. Wanted to goto the Sculpture Garden for a long time, but untennable with a disabled husband! So we went and it is nice; lots of areas to explore, interesting nooks and crannies and visually stunning. I enjoyed it but I think Boss was expecting something to "do" and was begging me to take him "back to that place we went yesterday". New Ark really *is* his thing. Saying that, I don't think I would *pay* to see this sculpture garden again, but as a freebie it was a nice brisk walk. No deer today. Oh dear (:P)

As I don't "get" modern "art" I will leave all critical evaluation out of the equation. Some things I think worked and other just didn't IMHO. But nevertheless things to nourish the mind and soul.

Enjoy:

The first snowdrops I've seen for a while!

Calves. Evidently.

This was half-hidden in the shadows of a canopy of leaves and as you walked through the little avenue it was somewhat eerie. Boss clung to my legs at these offerings. Felt like walking into a head-hunter village...

I wouldn't have payed for this...

I liked this

Which was this close up. I like the play between light and shade

An alien swan??

Liked this too

"Looks like a puffer fish to me, Mum"

"Now I'm a hermit crab!"

Liked it

Just don't GET it

1 Comments:

At 11:13 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes obviously Allah has the "art" thing down best of all. The bits that worked best are the bits that worked the landscape and highlighted the evident beauty. The most stunning bit for me and I dont know why I didnt take a photo, was where there is a natural sunken area and surrounding four identical sculptures which looked like vases. It was truly stunning and turned an ordinary bit of grass into an amphitheatre.

All art work is disjointed next to nature...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise