Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Not much to blog

Still feeling a bit dizzy - really hoping this is going to sort itself out. Really hoping. Dua/prayers please. Pills are like my brain in tablet form. How I stood seven months of that type of pain, and how my poor family put up with me for so long I just don't know. Alhamdulillah I'm mostly me again. Apart from feeling as though I've just gotten off a merry-go-round. Mood-wise I'm not putting superhuman effort into keeping upright and not killing people. Life is easy again. Life is mostly normal and the strain that I didn't notice I was under has simply vanished. Alhamdulillah. I literally felt as though a weight had been taken off me and my body was aching from holding it all together, trying to run to stand still (or even go backwards). Being able to smile with both my mouth *and* eyes without effort, deep sighing or internal despair - really be happy again is truly a wonderful feeling and I'm just wondering what other things I take for granted that makes my life so easy that I won't notice til it's gone that I've got to be thankful for. May Allah forgive our ingratitude and accept our thanks anyway.

It's really nice to be able to play with my children again and make them laugh. It feels like I haven't seen Boss for a loooooong time. He's really grown up masha'allah.

Been spending a lot of time outdoors now that I have a car (yipee!! er I mean, alhamdulillah again). Taking walks in Ferry Meadows and the like. Just need to be outdoors in this windy weather. It's really invigorating. Boss chuffed to bits that he has another car.

And that's it. Taking walks and experiencing nature. Doing the carnation-in-food-colouring experiment. Boss just took one look and informed me "those flowers will turn blue, green and yellow, you'll see". OK so no mind-blowing realisation when he sees the transformation then. The Car Door sees still haven't grown any car doors yet....

Life. You either love it or hate it.

2 Comments:

At 7:10 pm, Blogger shukr said...

we did that exp and the flowers DID NOT turn any colour. yeah, it does make you wonder, doesn't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i mean, you can't even use flowers that you haven't picked yourself, let alone eat the pre packaged food. it's just gros.

 
At 11:07 am, Blogger shukr said...

they seemed to have wax in the stems actually!
i guess it is a new technique to preserve the flowers for longer, (like our bodies when they die taking ages longer to degrade because of all the preservatives we have consumed - a type of present day embalming!)

we did do the exp wuth fresh flowers and it worked well. and with celery even more amazing imo.

and another interesting exp we didn't set up was when my mil gave me some lovely pink flowers and they changed the water a deep pink - reverse experiment very amusing.

have you read the god of small things merry? i read last night and really affected/disturbed me. didn't think her actual writing was that great all the way through, but the way she puts together the story has a lasting impact i hope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise