Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sufi story

Once there was a King and he called the very wisest advisors in his kingdom to his court. He said, "I have been inspired to ask you for something which will stabilise my inner state - I should be able to look at it and whenever I see it, if I am sad it will make me happy, and when I am happy it will make me sad."

The wise men retired to consider this request and returned some time later to the King with a ring for him to wear which bore this inscription:






THIS TOO WILL PASS

1 Comments:

At 5:21 pm, Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Pass water? Pass the parcel?....you're gettin' real heavy here Debs...Philosophisin' isn't a strong point. Well what do you expect from an Oldham Athletic supporter? Bottom squiggly writin' translates itself...top doesn't. Mind you I'm none the wiser with the translation....Took your quiz. My result = "The best antiques are old friends"....Uh?

Got the flu goin back to bed.

Goin to Eisenberg Thusday for a Gymnastics International. Got to shake the flu by then as I can't drink beer when I've got the flu..

That's a weird quiz....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise