Saturday, April 15, 2006

Ah, Pups... you really

made me happy with your comments. I'm glad I have such kick-ass readers like you.
I dedicate this post to Puppy.

Anyway, didn't really do much today because I'm just so tired. Dh cooked us a nice dinner and I went to the Post Office to pick an ebay parcel up - some animal toys. Good stuff.

Painted the whale models we made and now have to varnish them. Salt doh has really impressed me. And that's saying something! I would like to make some stuff again with it and if I have the time really try to make something beautiful with it.

Salt Doh Recipe (in case you have the urge to try it)


1 cup flour
1 cup salt (works better if you grind it to a fine powder first)
1/2 cup warm tap water
1 tablespoon oil (makes it model better)
1 tablespoon lemon juice (makes it go harder when cooked)
Add food colouring if you like.

Cook for first half hour on 50*C then turn up to 100*C, remembering to turn over half way through for better results.

Voila. Cooked models ready to paint with acryllics - must be varnished. Fortunately I have a drawer full of acryllic paint and varnish from my previous life as a person. I nearly chucked them umpteen times but my homeschooling conscience never let me. Woo hoo. I'm really psyched about salt doh models. What can I make next??

Piccies.













OK, not really masterpieces, I'll grant you, but Boss can't *wait* to play with them! Novel concept - make our toys instead of *buying* them - now that is something I could get interested in!

Read some more CW and generally moped about all day.

Good stuff. Hope you all had a nice day.

4 Comments:

At 7:25 pm, Blogger Elderfaery said...

Wotcha!

 
At 7:57 pm, Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Hi D! - Nearly said Hi D Hi but that's corny. Oh. Just did.

The whale with the pink mouth looks pretty awesome to me.

You know how Boss loved LW&W well careful with the movie. The Aslan sacrifice is very very sad so if you get it a discreet f/fwd there maybe.

Did you get a dodgy mail from someone or have I missed somethin'? If yer did gimme the address n I'll get one of me pc geek pals to send 'em a virus.

Ta for stayin'.

 
At 8:04 pm, Blogger Jax Blunt said...

I like the whales. Might have to give that a go actually.

 
At 9:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks fun those whales...
it is good u know how 2 make it fun 2 learn, it would b nice if it always was that way, then it would sink in...( mabe?)its weird i taught myself read wen i was 2 its been downhill since then
um... i mean i missed u last week :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise