Friday, April 01, 2005

Another thing...

My parents are coming for a day again this weekend, insha'allah. Which is nice, but it means I have to *cook* for people and get my house looking nice-ish. I just don't have the energy and Hubby is building a PC and there are bits of metal and plastic all over the kitchen!!!! I'm soooooooooooooo tired.

Mum also wondered if she should come down a week after the baby is due to help out. She is planning on the baby arriving late like Boss. To be honest I haven't really thought about this pregnancy at all. I'm not in denial (bit difficult due to constant reminders) but I just don't feel "ready" for all the planning and organisation and life-changes ahead :(

Where do I want to give birth? Urgh
What pain relief do I want? Um
Who do I want to be present? Eh
What do I plan on packing in my overnight bag? Pass
What will the child be called? Oh c'mon
Is my birth plan ready? Wassat again

Until I see this sprog face-to-face I just don't think it will hit me that I've got to focus on it. I really hope this doesn't signal "middle child syndrome" already in effect....

There was something else I was going to rant about but I'm so tired I'm typing blind and both my eyes have fused into one focal point... um....... blog later when insha'allah I am functional again...

4 Comments:

At 8:44 pm, Blogger Hannah said...

My answers

Q. Where do I want to give birth? A. Somewhere that I don't have to clean the floor and cook dinner immediatly afterwards.
Q. What pain relief do I want?
A. Anything that doesn't require MORE pain and vomit.
Q. Who do I want to be present?
A. My husband so I can remind him why I don't want anymore children and also a female person trainned to get babies out of womens bodies with as little irritation to the woman as possible.
Q. What am I packing in my overnight bag?
A. LOADS of maternity towels and something decent to eat.
Q. What will the child be called?
A. Samee
Q. Is my birth plan ready?
A. Yes and it mainly says NO EPISIOTOMIES


My mum took the week A was due off as B had been early and of course it was a waste of time because she was 5 days late. This time she's wised up and has told work she will need a week off 'around' the time the baby is due.

As far as planning goes, you know what we plan and plan and then the baby comes out, we go home, the house is a mess for a bit but visitors don't notice cos they're looking at the baby and then we get a new 'norm' and life goes on.

 
At 8:53 pm, Blogger Qalballah said...

Well, that's you sorted then. I'm in a complete limbo - my answer to everything is "dunno... maybe". Regarding names - I have nothing in my head for a boy. Boss said he can have his name if he likes, but then we're still a name down...

Hm...

 
At 8:56 pm, Blogger Hannah said...

Well, that's a very sharing attitude. When we didn't know what sex this baby was, B didn't volunteer *her* name but she did suggest having another A.

 
At 5:19 pm, Blogger merry said...

I've only ever had names i liked for the sex i was having. And i deinitely didn't get my head around having a baby at all till she was here...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise