Saturday, March 11, 2006

I'm still recovering from my bender - my mood swing that is. Feeling very fragile and unsure about everything. Maybe I'm just going nuts.

Got my folk down tomorrow (depending on the weather) so spent today cooking and cleaning. Read books on animals and dinosaurs and nearly three chapters of LW&W! And he didn't want me to stop - he wanted to get to the very end. I don't know if that's because there is a lion in it and he's expecting him to eat everyone or what. He asked me if we could read it again tomorrow when we get up - read it until we get to the end. Wow. So much different from a few months ago.

Had a look at this LW&W site. Looked for LW&W DVD on eBay - odd how some people are selling it when it hasn't even been released yet.... hm... may just rent that one from Amazon as they have a free offer on at the moment.

The grass has started to grow in our pot garden and this is pleasing Boss immensely - big grins all round. Added some flowers to our nature corner and found a wooden birds nest with eggs which he wanted to put in the tree. Ostheimer duck and fish in the pond completes the scene.












I am also pleased that he has started to draw and colour now. For years he just wasn't interested in drawing at all, so this week I made him his own drawing pad and bought some new crayons (sorry, not beeswax, just nice chunky Tesco own brand for 38p) and was pleased to have found some pictures inside. OK the "triceratops" is mine, but he has attempted to colour it neatly (the orange scrawl around it is a diplodocus trying to fight him *shrugs*) and thereafter is a Euoplocephalus . Note it's eyes and many legs.







It's a start.

3 Comments:

At 11:58 pm, Blogger Elderfaery said...

Beautiful. Makes me want to do some more on our seasonal corner..it's alittle defunct right now and houses bills and odd pieces of lego that somehow ended up there in a flurry..x

 
At 3:09 pm, Blogger Allie said...

Also loving your seasonal corner - beautiful!

Great that Boss is getting so much out of LWandW - a pretty dense story for one so young. I love it when the kids enthusiasm for a story gets me reading for hours. Can get tough on the voice though!

Hope you're feeling better today. We have sunshine here - though it is still very cold. Roll on the summer - I think we all need it.

 
At 5:56 pm, Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Nice Tri thingy. Can you draw a tortoise? My football team's club crest is a tortoise and we're lookin' for a better designed one....

If you haven't got all 7 Chronicles of Narnia get 'em. Boss'll love 'em all as he gets a bit older.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

education otherwise